Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Why allocation in days lesser than duration in project plan as shown above...??

Level 10

Hi,

Would anyone know why Workload Balancer shows excess hours planned for each day?

Highly appreciate your recommendation in this regard.

Why allocation in days lesser than duration in project plan as shown above...??

Project not connected to any schedule, also, in Setup --> Project Preferences --> Projects--> Timeline calculation (8 hrs for each day for 5 days / week).

Please refer attachment.

Mvh

Kundan.

0694X00000J4iUNQAZ.jpg

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Community Advisor

It looks like you have the Show Projected Dates option enabled. I would start by disabling that and seeing if your dates look any better. I had trouble with one of my team using that option, and it skewed their hours from how we want to see them, so we don't use that option. I also have not used the Effort Driven duration type, we only use the Simple duration type now, to allow us to manually adjust hours on the Workload Balancer.

Level 10

Hi @Sheri Whitten‚

Thanks for your advice, could you please guide me more in this regard. If possible a screen sharing appointment. In addition to your recommendation, I am attaching two screen shot for the layout, if I am not mistaken your advice it should be disabled from Setup Layout. Please confirm. If its ok for you I wish to go for a short screen sharing meeting. I can invite you for the same. My email is: kundan.kumar@kvernelandgroup.com

I am located in Norway (Europe).

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Kundan Kumar.

0694X00000JtcU4QAJ.jpg0694X00000JtcTzQAJ.jpg

Community Advisor

No, not the Setup/Layout template for this purpose - you can disable the Show Projected Dates option in the Workload Balancer settings:

0694X00000JtdslQAB.pngAs for the Effort Driven duration type, that's specified in each Project's tasks list. I added the Task > Duration Type column to my view:

0694X00000JtdxHQAR.pngBut can also see it in the Task Details:

0694X00000JtdxRQAR.pngTest changing one or both of these options and see if your Workload Balancer shows correctly. If not, I'm not sure what it could be - you may have to open a ticket or see if maybe @Vazgen Babayan‚ can take a look at your question. He's an expert on the Workload Balancer and helped me out before 😊

Level 10

Thanks for guidance @Sheri Whitten‚

I did everything as planned but still it distribute hours more in lesser duration days. Please refer the attachment. Also, refering to @Vazgen Babayan‚ .

Best regards,

Kundan.

0694X00000JtjlWQAR.jpg

Employee

Hi Kundan,

Workload Balancer shows bars based on Planned Start and Planned Completion dates of the task. When you set a Duration, the system multiplies it by Typical Hours per Work Day field from Setup and then applies the resulting number on the user's schedule to determine the dates. Hence the lesser duration compared to what was entered.