Expand my Community achievements bar.

Which feature do you want the most?

Level 9
Hey all, The Workfront Idea Exchange launched a few months ago. It's a place for you to submit the features you'd like to see added to Workfront. I'm curious to know which feature idea is more important to you. I'd like to promote some of the most popular ideas in the Community in the coming weeks to make sure they're getting visibility and votes. Please leave a link in the comments to the feature idea you'd like me to promote, and a brief description of why it's important to you. -Nate Bagley --- Workfront Community Manager - Work Smart, Work Happy Message me directly at:
7 Replies

Level 10
Hi! Just one?! In order at this time: · Assign multiple users to a task · Have projects roll up to Program level and have option for Programs roll up to Portfolio · Have Parent Project ability to house projects under (can · Would be nice to have Idea Exchange list ideas by popular vote instead of scrolling through pages -Susan

Level 10
Nate I would like to see the Parent project capability added. https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115003990633-Parent-Child-Projects The ability to have parent/child projects is becoming more important in my organization. We might have a project that spans over multiple departments and each department wants to track their stats independently. This does not replace the program as many parent projects with many child projects could roll up to the same program. Michael Lebowitz WorkFront System Administrator Product Development and Business Operations Michael.Lebowitz@guidewellconnect.com< T 904-436-4240 | M 904-200-1364 Fax 904-565-6156 4800 Deerwood Campus Pkwy Jacksonville, FL 32246

Level 10
Hi Nate - the #1 thing we need is Workfront Task sync to MS Exchange Calendars so that users can see their calendar events on PCs and mobile devices (IOS and Android). As per other threads on the community, the old Outlook add-in doesn't work properly and also doesn't sync to Exchange. Newer Outlook 365 add-in development is currently Apple-only and we also won't be migrating to 365 even for Windows in the near future. So, we really need some other sort of solution. One other key thing is that we REALLY want a per-project "Working On" screen. I.e. a resource-oriented view of the project's work, as opposed to a task-oriented gannt chart. There's so much else that we want of course....I have to make some time to get into the Idea Exchange to submit ideas and vote.

Level 10
What we want most would be: AUTONUMBER FIELD - DOCKET NUMBERS https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115001218447-autonumber-field-docket-numbers We've seen variations of the ask on the Idea Exchange so I hope those requests gets consolidated. ABILITY TO ADD FIELDS ON PROJECT SCREEN SPACE https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115001218827-Ability-to-add-fields-on-Project... PREVENT AN UPDATE THREAD STARTER FROM SENDING IF NO ONE IS TAGGED https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115006955648-Prevent-an-update-thread-starter... BOUNCE BACK IF UPDATE IS MADE TO USER WITH PTO https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115006955748-Bounce-back-if-update-is-made-to...

Level 10
For us, the #1 feature we'd love is the ability to enter planned hours to individual assignees easier. To keep the number of tasks down, almost every single task in our schedules has multiple users. To adjust the hours by user, we have to click in the tasks, hit the advanced assignment icon, and then adjust the hours. It is also several click to see the total hours by job role (which is how we estimate - this project has 100 hours of a copywriter. Now the PM has to go through all the tasks to make sure that the copywriter's hour equals 100 hours) Kathy and myself put something together that we sent to the Product team. The second part of the attached has a mock-up of the idea we are thinking about. If the PM could easily tab through and enter the hours, it would make bliss and make our resource mgmt much more effective as PM's would be more willing to adjust hours to match reality.

Level 10
Hi - For us, the single most important change WorkFront can introduce is the ability to change the rate of a user based on time. As it stands, WorkFront does not model time-based rates. If I change the hourly rate for a user, WorkFront currently recalculates the cost of all work charged to projects at the new rate, which overwrites history, and as all accountants will attest, that's bad. We have rates for our users that we change on an annual basis, and when people get a promotion or raise. I spoke to Eric the previous CEO and Steve Zobell about this in 2015. I've spoken to a couple of Product Managers and Chris Savoie as well. As my account rep Darin (great guy!) can attest, I keep this in front of WorkFront every chance I have. As a result, I've been told WorkFront was going to deploy: 1) Rates that are effective based on calendar time (what we need), and; 2) Project specific rates - that way you can change the rate for a given user for one project only, and; 3) Role specific rates for a user - One person may fill two or more roles on a project. Their cost would be a function of the role, instead of a flat rate for all work performed on a project; I have been careful to point out our need is on the Cost/hour rate, not the Billing rate, Marketing people frequently have contracts that require the second and third functionality, so I figured we would see that soon, given WorkFront's focus on satisfying the needs of Marketeers. While I was told that time-effective rates would likely be released this year, I haven't see anything on it (R1-Beta/R2) for this year. Anyway, the lack of that time-based rate keeps us from using WorkFront to determine the cost of projects. It keeps us having accurate project financials. We have contemplated interfaces to project costing modules and (in my opinion) wasted a whole lot of time and money looking for ways to work around it. Finally, because we can't trust the dollar figures in WorkFront, our Financial community wants us to stop using WorkFront and move to a product that has dollar figures we can trust. There we have it! Eric

Level 2
Hello Nate, Thank you for posting this. Some things that my team would really benefit from is that we all use Macs and many of the Outlook/ Office 365 features available are only for Windows. With some highlights being: Setting Up the Workfront Add-In for Outlook 365 Tracking Outlook Calendar Data in Workfront as well as Resource Capacity Planning being fully implemented I am open to chatting as well if need be. Thank you again for your willingness to hear our thoughts and suggestions. Maikaru