Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

What's the one tip you wish you'd know before you started implementing Workfront?

Level 3
If there's one thing you could tell a new Workfront user about implementing Workfront, what would it be?
5 Replies

Level 4
When setting up your processes and configuration, make sure to think about user experience. Test out the experience with end users to make sure the process is not too 'heavy' for them. If it is, it will impact adoption.

Level 4
Plan, plan, plan. Work out how you want your information to come in from the requestors and keep it simple. I wish I knew how to make things mandatory on a custome form when I first started. I know now, and use it to my advantage. Watch all the prerecorded videos of previous classes you can, then put your floaties on and jump in the deep end. :0)

Level 4
Forget everything you used to do with MS Project and enjoy the freedom

Level 10
I think for us it would be to nail down our internal process a little bit better. Get our ducks in a row first and then use Workfront to help that process out. We got caught up in the bells and whistles of Workfront that we tried to customize our process to the tool instead of taking the time to customize the tool to our process. As we move forward, we spend a lot of time on the business unit's internal process and we have found a lot of success with that.

Level 2
Meet with senior and executing management to discuss and determine the vision for Workfront along with the objectives and deliverables. They must line up with the company strategic business goals and should be reviewed if they change. After, you can have fun configuring Workfront to meet the company, department and team needs. Cheers! -- Scott Adams Workfront - Data Inspires Creativity Business System Analyst Lead