Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

WFPro Home Premiere

Level 10

Hi everyone,

I hope you're all having a wonderful week so far! I have something to share that I'm sure you'll find very appealing. But let me first give you some background so my message is clear.

I've been a sys admin of Workfront for about six years now at two companies, preferring to stay behind the scenes and develop solutions, which is why I'm not much of a "salesy" kind of guy. My first admin experience was implementing Workfront from scratch. My current admin experience at SunTrust Bank began just over 3 years ago in support of an existing implementation. This work includes on-boarding dozens of departments, delivering over 50 queues, each complete with custom dashboards and reports to fit the needs of each stakeholder, and supporting thousands of requests a year for change. Plus, I have a personal life, and have even managed to turn my work off in the evenings and weekends with little worry. It took a long time and a lot of work, but at SunTrust, they call me the Workfront Rock Star, which I enjoy and appreciate.

So! How can you become the next Workfront Rock Star in your professional career? Let me help.

I've spent thousands of hours building the right tools to efficiently administer my instance of Workfront and serve as a Center of Excellence, which enabled me to achieve the success I now enjoy. A few months ago, I decided to share my experience with the community of admins so you can save yourselves the thousands of hours solving the same problems I have. I stared with the WFPro Text Mode catalog, which has been very well received and gets a fair bit of traffic daily. The site has now grown to include some other goodies, such as How To articles, Videos, and Solutions...which brings me to my announcement!

It's my pleasure to introduce WFPro Home, which is truly the culmination of the skills and experience I've acquired throughout my entire professional career. I'm confident that WFPro Home will transform the way you administer your instance of Workfront, and you're getting the first look. So let's jump right in!

WFPro Home is a specialized configuration of objects that, when installed in your environment, gives you a dashboard that will facilitate the quick and easy installation of subsequent "Packages" in your instance of Workfront. The first packages in the catalog are just the "tip of the iceberg" when it comes to the tools I'm preparing to release, but they include some basic must-have tools, such as the "WFPro Queue Topics" package. The installation should take under 10 minutes and, from there, you'll be well on your way to becoming your own new kind of Workfront Pro! Here's a 5-minute video that steps through the installation process

The following video demonstrates the installation of WFPro Home in a new instance of Workfront:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rourtr7FzWA

Given that this community has always been a wonderful place to share ideas and solve problems, I truly hope that you see the value proposition, and that you benefit immediately from the solution. I wanted to get the announcement out now so that we have time to discuss WFPro Home, how the installation goes, what worked, what broke, what's perfect, what needs to be thrown out, etc. before LEAP in Dallas. That way, we can already have a good understanding of the solutions when we get to LEAP.

Thanks for the opportunity to share WFPro Home with you!

Sincerely,

Narayan

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies