Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Weirdo issues related to file uploads or comments?

Level 10
hi guys and gals, has anyone's users been reporting any weird issues related to file uploads or commenting or proof commenting? Examples below: * uploaded a Word doc file and it turned into a .msg file, uploaded it again and it was fine and the initial upload disappeared. * downloaded a file with one version in it, twice, and got a visually different result each time (i.e. totally different file) * uploaded a version of a file on Friday, and on Monday the version was missing and the task was back in queue with a new comment. * proof comments missing None of these issues have been replicable and I'm prepared to submit a query to the helpdesk but I anticipate that they will close it without actions that they can duplicate. I'm prepare to admit that one or more of my users might be a bit careless, but this is too many people and too many issues. Also accepting hints on how to keep this ticket open in Helpdesk. My users are on point to begin documenting a little more clearly but it is a bit much to ask them to screenshot every single thing they do. thank you! -skye
4 Replies

Level 7
Hi Skye, For issues like this, we do like to be able to duplicate it. At the very least, have the impacted user(s) try a different browser to ensure it's not a caching issue. I've had some odd experiences over the last week or so with Chrome, I'm not quiet sure if they rolled out a new release, or if it was our patch from last Wednesday, but I've had some oddities in Chrome that just don't happen to me in Firefox. I tend to use both browsers regardless of if I'm on a mac or windows machine, as IE and Safari just aren't performant enough, nor reliable enough for my personal preferences. If you do end up submitting a ticket to our helpdesk, please make sure to provide several documents, and if possible a link to the documents (we need the link so we can grab the GUID of the object and look at it from the back end.) Thanks and have a great week! Dustin Martin Tier 2 Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 10
hi @Dustin Martin , thanks for responding and for your instructions on what to put in the helpdesk ticket. I have one or two final quick questions for you. In your opinion, if we came back and asked you folks at Workfront to "flush your cache " -- is this an actual thing that Workfront can do? [this instruction came to me from one of our tech folks--they said that us flushing our cache would not help and they need you to flush yours. So is there a cache linked to our instance that is flushable?] -skye

Level 7
Hi Skye, So... yes and no. We use a caching system called Akamai, where all our static traffic is cached there for 15 minute increments. In the 4.5 years I've been with AtTask/Workfront, I've had to clear our cache 3 times, but it was for something unrelated to this issue. We could put in a request for it to be cleared, but usually we'll only send a request to Akamai to clear it if we have multiple customers reporting the same issue, as it's a fairly lengthy process for our network ops team to go through. Dustin Martin Tier 2 Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 10
Thanks Dustin, I appreciate your time! We'll ping the helpdesk via our CSM and see how to best proceed past the gauntlet of replicability. -skye