Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Warning - the Working On Calendar is broken in 17.3 regarding public holidays

Level 10
Hi, Just a heads-up to other Workfront customers that we have just been updated to 17.3 today and the Working On Calendar has been broken. The update has introduced an issue regarding the Team Working On Calendar. Workfront have added what should be a good feature: that it will show not just a user's annual leave (vacation), but also their public holidays (schedule exceptions). Unfortunately it appears that they have introduced the feature with a bug where it actually shows all public holidays in our global schedules for all users. This has the effect of cluttering up the schedule with a lot of extra grey "time off" boxes, and shows people as over-allocated when they are not. I expect that this is a display issue only and not a data issue. Once the bug is resolved it will probably go straight back to correctly displaying. For the moment, I have agreed with our users to wait until Monday (as it is already Friday afternoon here now) and see if it has been fixed. Otherwise we will have to change all our dozens of teams' settings to go back to using the old Working On Calendar. If your system only uses a single schedule then you won't have an issue. If you have more than 1 schedule and the schedules have different public holidays (schedule exceptions) then I expect you will also have this issue. Regards, David Cornwell
2 Replies

Level 10
I should add that I found this problem in the Preview environment and raised a ticket with Workfront 8 days ago. It's disappointing that this warning did not result in the issue being fixed before the feature was pushed out to all customers. I also had a discussion on the community regarding issues I found with the AI / Auto Scheduling feature.

Level 10
Interesting that there are lots of complaints about email formatting but no others about this calendar issue. I was expecting a chorus of complaints to be honest! Is nobody else who operates across multiple countries/schedules experiencing this? Please test this if you do. Thanks David Cornwell