Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Users cannot edit information on a custom form.

Level 2

We have a custom form that is attached to a project (in the Project Details section) after the project is created. Access/permission is set to the maximum levels possible for all objects and users -- the form, the template, the project, etc. However, work license users are unable to enter information on the custom form (plan users can enter information in the form). I'm fairly confident that we've been able to do this before. And according to this article https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/basics/work-with-custom-forms/edit-custom-fo... these users should be able to enter/edit the information in the form. I have tried searching the help section for information and can't find anything for this specific issue. Any ideas? I'm probably missing something obvious.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Thanks for the ideas. Turns out because the form was set to be able to attach to a program (in addition to a project or issue), it affected the access settings on the form headers. 

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Darcy,

A couple of things to check:

1) Have you given the workers contribute access to the project? And if so, can you double-check that "Edit Custom Forms" access is enabled:

Screenshot 2023-03-07 150308.jpg

2) Check the Form sharing permissions in the custom form editor. It either needs to be set to "Visible System Wide", or if you don't want everyone to be able to see the form, you need to specify which groups or users should have access to the form. 

Screenshot 2023-03-07 150507.jpg

Let me know if this resolves the problem.

Best Regards,

RIch. 

Level 2

I have already checked for both of those things. And, yes, they have those settings. 

Community Advisor

OK. 

Can you confirm that the custom form is shared with a group that the users are part of? I've seen issues in the past when custom forms are shared with individuals or teams and not groups.

The only other thing to possibly check is whether or not you have any section breaks in your form and if so, what settings have been applied to those section breaks as this can prevent users from editing sections of a given custom form

Level 2

It is shared with the company. I just added the group. Also checked the section breaks. Nothing changed. There is still "N/A" in the field and the user cannot enter information.

Community Advisor

Have you checked the sharing settings of the individual fields on the custom form in question? Access to the fields should be inherited from the custom form sharing, but if someone changed the field sharing after the form was shared, this might cause an issue.

If that doesn't work, it's worth raising a ticket with Adobe support as they will be able to log into your instance and take a look at the configurations to triage the problem effectively. 

Level 2

That was one of the first things I checked. I'll open a support ticket. Thanks for your help!

Community Advisor

No problem Darcy, sorry I couldn't help more!

Workers definitely can edit custom forms attached to projects if the right permissions are set. It's just a case of finding which setting isn't quite right in your instance. 

Community Advisor

@DarcySm similar to what Richard said about access levels, but in a different place - have you checked the access levels from Setup, not just in the sharing of that specific project(s) they need to see it in? 

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2

Is it a calculated field?  If so they won't be able to edit the data.  When you said it says "N/A" that to me sounds calculated.  Otherwise it would be blank.

Correct answer by
Level 2

Thanks for the ideas. Turns out because the form was set to be able to attach to a program (in addition to a project or issue), it affected the access settings on the form headers. 

Level 1

I'm now having this same issue, how did you resolve it? 

Level 2

See my comment above from 3/9/23 -- the form was set to be able to attach to a program. Once I removed that, I was able to fix the section headers and users could edit the form data.