Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Users Can't Edit Custom Forms Attached to Projects

Level 6
All, I'm having an issue setting up a custom form that is attached to a project template. Ideally, I want this custom form attached to the project template so users assigned to the project can edit it while working. I have a different custom form on a separate project template that allows this. I'm just having a hard time finding the correct setting for the form or template that will allow users to edit while it is used in active project. I've compared the settings for the custom form and project template that allows the editing with the custom form and project template that won't allow editing. I'm I forgetting to select a setting or feature? Thank you for any suggestions. Jared Mauch Crown Equipment Corporation
3 Replies

Level 10
Sounds like an access issue, but there's so many variables with access issues that it's tough to debug via email. But here goes: Assumptions I assume the custom form itself is open system-wide (if not, ensure it's giving access to the people in question) I assume you don't have sections in the new form that are for Admin only Debugging steps With those assumptions the first place I'd go is to the template and look at Project Sharing and ensure the people I want are there in some fashion (individually or their team, etc.) (see Fig. 1) If you want them to be granted access dynamically (if someone is assigned to a Task later after the project has already been created) go to the Template and Edit Template > Access and ensure they get Contribute access to the project when assigned (See Fig. 2) Fig. 1 Fig. 2

Level 6
Vic, Thanks for the suggestions. Your assumptions were correct. The access for both custom forms I referenced are the same as Figure 2 you posted, so I think I can rule that out as a hangup for this issue. However, I am still stumped by the project and template sharing for the custom forms. Not all users are set to "view" or "contribute" the one custom form, but they can still edit it on projects they are assigned to. I'm still having issues with the new custom form. I tried setting some users to contribute to it in the project sharing, but that seemed to not change their ability to edit the custom form on projects it is tied to and that they are assigned to. Is that because it is in an active project and the settings were somehow locked? Should I just give all users the ability to contribute to the template within project sharing or allow them to manage the template within template sharing? I'm still confused with how the two custom forms are working for people. Don't know if you have any other suggestions, but thanks for reaching out to help me. Jared Mauch Crown Equipment Corporation

Level 10
I wouldn't allow them to manage the Template unless you want to allow them to change it. But changing the Project Sharing under the template to give everyone blanket access might/should solve your issue. As long as you're ok with everyone having access to edit those forms. Otherwise, I'm open to doing a Skype with you to see what's happening and we can debug it together. Sometimes it's a lot quicker to figure out when you can see the whole picture. I'm actually open all day today (rare wonderful day when I have zero meetings). I'm betting we can figure it out in less than 10 minutes. Let me know.