Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

User not receiving update tags

Level 2

I have checked every setting I can find, but I have 1 user who does not receive notifcations when people tag them in updates. None via email and only some via internal WF notifications. Has anyone ever experienced this before? I have their user notifications preferences set to include everything, and their account was duplicated from another user who receives all updates flawlessly. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Thanks for the additional information! I recreated your exact scenario in my own Workfront instance and a notification was triggered via email to a user with a review license (tagged in direct comment and notification set to instant). Since that is not the case for you/this user, I would recommend submitting a case into Customer Support and they can help identify the root cause. You'll want to share the name of the user, the action taken (tagged in direct comment), the timestamp of the in-app notification to include in your case details.  

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

@joshawajones There are multiple email notifications that could trigger an email notification to a user who was tagged in a comment. 

- Someone comments on a thread I'm in

- Someone includes me on a directed update

- Someone includes my team on a directed update

Do you have all of these active at the global level AND set as instant in the user's profile? Something else to check would be the Group Admin access - are any of these unlocked at the Group Admin level which would allow a Group Admin to activate or deactivate this email notification for their groups? 

Level 2

Thanks for the reply @NicholeVargas !

I'm 99.9% sure I have all those options set correctly and locked down so group admins can't change them. I've attached screenshots here in case I'm missing something though...

Employee Advisor

@joshawajones Thanks for sharing! Just help narrow this down, what license type does this user have? Work? Plan? Review? Also, does this user have the same email domain (@adobe.com, for example) as you? Or are they an external user/client with a different domain? 

If you were to tag this user in a direct comment using the "@" symbol or adding them to the Notify people or teams area of the Updates stream, and then login to their account via Setup > Log In As, do they receive an in-app notification? 

Level 2

Thanks Nichole!

The user has a review license, and has the same email domain as I do (same as 95% of our users). 

And yes I can see the in-app notifications if I log in as them.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Thanks for the additional information! I recreated your exact scenario in my own Workfront instance and a notification was triggered via email to a user with a review license (tagged in direct comment and notification set to instant). Since that is not the case for you/this user, I would recommend submitting a case into Customer Support and they can help identify the root cause. You'll want to share the name of the user, the action taken (tagged in direct comment), the timestamp of the in-app notification to include in your case details.  

Level 2

Great to know it SHOULD work as I have it set up currently in WF - thanks Nichole. This was a huge help.