Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

User Group Follow-up (Oct 13, 2020) - Establishing Governance in Workfront

Employee

The purpose of this thread is to continue the conversation from the Virtual User Group on the topic of Establishing Governance in Workfront on October 13, 2020.

Many thanks to everyone who came to our virtual meetup! Special thanks to @Chris Berry - inactive‚ for sharing his guidance and experience.

As promised, attached is a PDF of the presentation, and you can watch the recording here.

What was the best thing you learned from this meetup? Do you have any outstanding questions? Leave a comment below and we’ll keep the governance conversation going!

Thanks again. If you have any feedback (good or bad), please don’t hesitate to reach out. You can find the schedule for all upcoming User Groups on the Events page on Workfront One (one.workfront.com/events).

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi Everyone - here are the slides from our 2017 Leap Deck that talks about Workfront Week if you are interested. I find it really helps improve the WF experience at my agencies by finding who is lagging behind and needs extra help and then also pausing once a year to see how we can grow in the tool.

Level 4

Hi,

From our breakout session I offered to share our governance charter. Please see attached. Hope you find it helpful.

Level 7

Hi All,

I mentioned that we send out a survey for all of our users after they complete training. Our training is setup in the form of a Workfront project with the following tasks:

1. Complete the Workfront Basics course in Dominium University (link in the description of this task)
  2. Let's practice navigating through Workfront structure
    1. Click on Projects > Portfolios > Active Properties. What is the first program in the list?
    2. Click on Home. How do you change your work list to view just your approvals?
    3. Click on Home. How do you view recently completed tasks?
    4. Click on Requests. What is the name of the Workfront help queue?
  3. Let's practice navigating through a project
    1. Tag Sarah Nau in an update on this task
    2. Upload a document to this task
    3. Navigate to the project details > custom data tab and provide us some feedback

Dominium University is our e-learning platform. The course they take covers the following:

• Workfront Navigation
  • Workfront Home
  • Workfront Structure at Dominium
  • Search Function
  • Favorites
  • Personal settings and notifications
  • Timesheets

The survey is as follows:

Welcome to Workfront Feedback

In an effort to improve our training for Workfront, we are looking for your feedback on our current training process through the project you were assigned when you first started.

Basic Info

1. What department are you in?
  2. How often do you use Workfront?

Dominium University Training

1. Did you complete the Workfront Basics training in DU?
  2. On a scale of 1-5, how helpful did you find the DU training?
  3. What did you like about the DU course you completed?
  4. What did you dislike about the DU course you completed?

Welcome to Workfront Project Training

1. Did you complete the Welcome to Workfront project?
  2. On a scale Of 1-5, how helpful did you find the Welcome to Workfront project training?
  3. What did you like about this project?
  4. What did you dislike about this project?

Additional Training

1. Did you receive additional training from someone in your department?
  2. Who facilitated the additional training?
  3. What topics were covered in this training?

Overall Feedback

1. How do you feel about the amount of training you received for Workfront
  2. What topics would you have liked more training on?
  3. Are there any suggestions you have for improving the Workfront training process?

Let me know if you have any questions or feedback!

Employee

Wanted to throw this out there...Chris Berry, the main speaker from this user group, put together a great Workfront Leap presentation on how to grow a governance model through a prescriptive step by step process. Check out the attached deck. If you still need help getting going we can help. Reach out to your Account Executive and we can go from there.