Expand my Community achievements bar.

User Group Follow-up (June 22, 2021) - Transitioning to the New Workfront Experience

Employee

The purpose of this thread is to continue the conversation from the Virtual User Group on the topic of Transitioning to the New Workfront Experience on June 22, 2021.

Many thanks to everyone who came to our virtual meetup! Special thanks to @Tracy Wood‚ for sharing guidance and resources from Workfront, and Dawn Cejudo from Inland Empire Health Plan for sharing their experience from planning to roll-out. So great to hear from someone who has been through this migration first-hand.

You can see more in the attached slides, and you can watch the recording here.

Do you have any questions that weren’t answered in the meetup? Was there a tip that was especially helpful that you picked up in the session? Leave a comment below and we’ll keep the conversation going!

Thanks again. If you have any feedback (good or bad), please don’t hesitate to reach out. You can find the schedule for all upcoming User Groups on the Events page on Workfront One (one.workfront.com/events).

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Level 4

Thank you for the information. I have been in a few user groups for the NWE Migration and each one is better than the last. I am currently trying to migrate our organization to the NWE but have encountered a sizable challenge with a lack of one very specific feature in NWE (which was previously available in Classic). In Classic, we were able to add a Custom Form to a task and assign the task without having to complete any required fields (as we require the task assignee to complete them). In the NWE, anytime you add a custom form, you must complete the required fields, thereby we are unable to assign a task form to someone else to complete. In a previous user group, I was informed an update would be forthcoming to fix this, and today in a UI Feedback session with a member of Adobe who stated the last update should have fixed the issue. The issue still remains, though.

Employee

Hi Mike,

If I understand your use case correctly, then this week's 21.3 release will have an update to adding custom forms in the new Workfront experience. Please take a look at this feature demo here as once delivered this week you will be able to add a custom form and not be required to edit the custom form. You can test this in your preview instance today and then tomorrow or Friday depending on your instance release time you will have this available in production. Let me know if you have other questions.

Level 4

Perfect! That's exactly what I was waiting for! Thank you

Level 5

@Josh Boston‚ Hi Josh: I put another question on this upstream, but while we can bring in the form without anyone needing to update it, we have a secondary issue: If multiple forms have missing required fields, then BOTH forms must be filled out simultaneously (unless I'm missing something obvious). That's not ideal as different groups own different forms.

Level 4

I have to agree with Ryan on this one. Just tried testing it and if multiple forms are added, then all forms with required fields are required to be completed when you simply want to edit one form. The challenge is that sometimes, we complete the one form and then assign the task to another team member to complete, but now we're unable to do that.

Level 5

We looked it as a team this am: what's confusing is the pencil icon makes it an all or nothing proposition, essentially creating an interconnected series of forms. However, if you just ignore the big, shiny, tempting button, you can simply click into each field and you'll keep the separation of power between the custom forms.

It's a little unintuitive, but at least it can still work so long as you don't click on the pencil icon.

Level 4

@Ryan McGee‚ when you edit one form, the "Pencil" automatically "turns on". What is the workaround you are using?