Expand my Community achievements bar.

User Group Follow-up (June 16, 2020) - Reporting & Dashboards

Employee

The purpose of this thread is to continue the conversation from the Virtual User Group for Creative Agencies on the topic of Reporting & Dashboards on June 16, 2020.

Many thanks to everyone who came to our virtual meetup. Special thanks to @Sophy Regelous‚ from Cella for presenting, and the rest of the Cella team for joining the breakout groups adding so much to the lively discussion.

As promised, attached is a PDF of Sophy’s presentation, and you can watch the recording here.

Do you have any outstanding questions? Anything you didn’t get a chance to ask or that wasn’t discussed? Or have a resource you want to share as a follow-up? Leave a comment below. (Pro Tip: “Like” this thread to be notified as people reply.)

Future Creative Agencies events will be shared here, and also featured on the Events page here in Workfront One. You can also follow the “Events” topic if you want to receive notifications any time a new event is posted.

Thanks again. If you have any feedback (good or bad), please don’t hesitate to reach out. You can leave a comment below, direct message me here on Workfront One, or send an email to usergroups@workfront.com.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

10 Replies

Community Advisor

I've already passed along Monique's great idea for getting timesheets done, if your company allows people to leave early the day before a holiday requirie their timesheets to be done before they leave.

Employee

Hi all. Here is a copy of the recording from today's presentation. Thanks again to @Sophy Regelous‚ and @Tia Calvert‚ for sharing their guidance and insight on Workfront Reporting for Agencies. If you have questions for them, please drop a note below!

PLAYBACK: Creative Agencies Reporting & Dashboards User Group - June 16, 2020 (40 minutes)

Level 10

Thank you for publishing the recording. It would great if you were able to record and publish the breakout sessions as well.

Level 4

wow! I wish I was able to make this session, some of the reports demoed are what we need (except for I lack the skillset to produce them)

Level 1

Thank you so much! Where can we find the matrix report templates you mentioned on the call? We would love to implement some of these!

Employee

Thanks, @Kaitlin Keating‚! Tagging @Sophy Regelous‚ , @Albert Daily‚ and @Tia Calvert‚ to help answer your question.

Level 2

If you're interested in the Portfolio/Program report or the approvals and working on reports, I'd be happy to talk more about how we created those so you can create your own. -Tia

Level 2

For the portfolio/program report, you'll need to start with a custom form that captures the information of the roles (account manager, project manager, stakeholder/client, creative director, etc). From there you can build the report to bring that information together in one place assuming you've filled out the form you created against your portfolios and programs. We created the form at both the Portfolio and Program level. If you have different groups in your instance, you'll want to be sure to filter by group if that's important. We noticed that our 'worker's were also interested in this information, so had to had to access level settings to be able to view Portfolios for their access even through the Portfolio Program Alignment dashboard was shared with our division. One other note, we created a Portfolio alignment and Portfolio/Program alignment reports then made these into one dashboard to share.

For the Approvals, we are not yet using templated review and approval, but we do want to creative staff to know relevant info about proofs on projects. This consists of several reports migrated into one dashboard. This dashboard shows an individuals proofs and ALL the proofs/documents. When building the report we filter on document approvals to be null and then $$USERID$$. For Proofs this report is filtered by Approver: Home Group, Proof approval awaiting decision as True. Then OR, filter by Requester :Home group and Proof Approval awaiting decision : True. This is the general gist of seeing how to show what it and isn't still hanging out there.

Level 1
Thank you for the question. So there is a Workfront report called ‚ÄòProject Labor and Expense Costs by Month and Quarter’, it is a project based report. When you open up the Edit Report function, under the ‚ÄòGroupings’ section, be sure to select the ‚ÄòMatrix view. I’m happy to jump on a call with you if you’d like some more info on Matrix reports. Thanks! <> Sophy Regelous | Managing Director, Consulting s.regelous@cellainc.com | Linkedin <> m: 917.912.5822 | p: 1801 Research Blvd. Suite 307 Rockville, MD 20850 Cella is an award-winning leader in consulting, staffing and managed solutions for creative, marketing, digital and proposal development teams. Let’s put passion to work. <>