Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

User Group Follow-up (June 15, 2021) - Measuring Success of Planned vs. Actuals

Employee

The purpose of this thread is to continue the conversation from the Virtual User Group on the topic of Measuring Success of Planned vs. Actuals on June 15, 2021.

Many thanks to everyone who attended! Special thanks to @Chuck Middleton‚ for sharing details on the baseline capabilities in Workfront and Velocity reports. Be sure to check out the attached PDF with the screenshots and instructions he mentioned. And thanks to @Cliff De Jong‚ from Inland Empire Health Plan for sharing the different ways they're tackling the question of reporting on planned vs. completion at his organization.

You can see more in the attached slides, and you can watch the recording here.

Do you have any questions that weren’t answered in the meetup? Was there a tip that was especially helpful that you picked up in the session? Leave a comment below and we’ll keep the conversation going!

Thanks again. If you have any feedback (good or bad), please don’t hesitate to reach out. You can find the schedule for all upcoming User Groups on the Events page on Workfront One (one.workfront.com/events).

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 7

HELP ASAP PLEASE!

I watched this video Workfront Wednesday: Ask the Expert Reporting Workshop Example of Velocity Reporting, August 14, 2019 and am following instructions for building the custom calc fields on my form and I am getting "invalid expression" on all of them =(..... is it NE change? I haven't built any calc fields since classic and was NOT proficient then.

this video was GREAT @Chuck Middleton‚ !! this is my first attempt at agile reporting and was so excited to see it work.

Level 7

***additionally - even though I am not able to build out the form I'd like a placeholder on my dash for the REPORT....but I am struggling with what form to use? are these all baseline? project wont even let me choose to open to a chart.

***another additionally - I need these metrics for tasks as opposed to project and I see that conv and doesn't look too bad to copy and revise but since I can't get this one going after watching video and researching....sigh

Level 10

Hi @KristinFarwell  Not able to watch the video. Any other solution to watch this one.

Best regards,

Kundan.

Employee

Hi @Kundanism - Thanks for reaching out. When we moved all of our old video recordings from our original Community (Workfront One) to Experience League, it looks like this one may have gotten lost. I will keep looking and report back if I'm able to post a new link. 

In the meantime, the slides from that User Group session and detailed instructions for how to build the reports our speaker, @chuckm65 , walked through are attached to the post above. 

Here is also another webinar on measuring work velocity in Workfront that you might find helpful.

Level 10

How to get such dashboard; Any Idea ????

Kundanism_0-1680167003913.png

Community Advisor

@Kundanism  this looks like the prototype of what the new Home may look like when it's available. But that hasn't rolled out yet.