Expand my Community achievements bar.

User Group Follow-up (July 21, 2020) - Onboarding & Adoption

Employee

The purpose of this thread is to continue the conversation from the Workfront User Group on the topic of Onboarding & Adoption on July 21, 2020.

Many thanks to everyone who came to our virtual meetup! Special thanks to @Erica Foisy‚ from Integrate who shared their journey with onboarding during their initial implementation and guidance for ongoing adoption.

As promised, attached is a PDF of the presentation, and you can watch the recording here.

Do you have any outstanding questions? Anything you didn’t get a chance to ask or that wasn’t discussed? Or have a resource you want to share as a follow-up? Leave a comment below. (Pro Tip: “Like” this thread to be notified as people reply.)

You can find the schedule for all upcoming User Groups on the Events page on Workfront One (one.workfront.com/events). You can also follow the “Events” topic if you want to receive notifications any time a new event is posted.

Thanks again. If you have any feedback (good or bad), please don’t hesitate to reach out. You can leave a comment below, direct message me here on Workfront One, or send an email to usergroups@workfront.com.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

10 Replies

Level 5

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for the time and allowing me to present our experience with onboarding and adoption. I have attached the Workfront Pulse Check that we sent out (we did customize this to things that the teams were taught).

I would love to connect with anyone who has additional questions, feedback, or just want someone to chat with.

Thanks,

Erica

Level 2

Hey @Erica Foisy‚

For the knowledge base, did you use Microsoft Sharepoint - Wiki, to build your pages?

Thanks!

Jez

Level 10

Hi Jez - We use SharePoint for our knowledge base at FCB. We have the various pages and then we created "tours" that showcase the pages we think are important if you are that role (i.e. Project Owner, Team Member, Agency Super User).

Level 2

Awesome thanks Anthony, I'm just planning on setting that up now. Do you have an example that I may look at for inspiration before I start please? i.e. the layout

Level 10

Here you go! Right now we are on SharePoint 2013 On-Prem. We will be migrating to SharePoint Online this year and use some of the cool "modern UI" features in SharePoint Online.

Home Page:

0690z0000094H93AAE.png

Tour Page:

0690z0000094H98AAE.png

One of the pages:

0690z0000094H9IAAU.png

Level 5

Hi @Jez Akali‚ - We tried using Sharepoint pages at first but found that it was a little difficult and restrictive for us. We are using Confluence (Atlasssian/Jira tool). We found Confluence to work better for our teams since other departments use Confluence as Knowledge Base centers. It looks like Anthony has a similar setup using Sharepoint so it might just come down to what ever is easier for your teams and what tools/systems you have available and use.

We have our pages organize by team since they all use Workfront in different ways.

0690z0000094HBsAAM.jpg

We have the training videos right on their pages so they can watch the trainings from this page and dont need to navigate to a new page.

0690z0000094HDoAAM.jpg

Level 5

I also mentioned that there is a project template to help with the transition to NWE. I have attached it here for anyone interested (you should be able to import this as a project using "Import MS Project".

Employee

Hi all - as promised, here is a link to the recording of today’s session:

PLAYBACK: Workfront User Group - Onboarding & Adoption - July 21, 2020 (33 minutes)

Level 10

Hi Everyone - for some of you I was talking about the 5 minute video I created to introduce Workfront to new agencies or business units who are thinking of joining our Workfront instance. Here it is: https://vimeo.com/417216789/9ed52dc1f8

Also, here is the Alignment Arrow that we use at FCB for deployments. There is a lot we do before we even get to Workfront configuration.

0690z000008Wq2OAAS.png