Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

User Group Follow-up (Jan 19, 2021) - System Admin Best Practices (Enablement)

Employee

The purpose of this thread is to continue the conversation from the Virtual User Group on the topic of System Admin Best Practices on January 19, 2021. In this session we did a deep dive on Enablement, how you enable your own users, and how you stay up to date yourself as an Admin.

Many thanks to everyone who came to our virtual meetup! Special thanks to our roundtable presenters @Christa Levine‚, @Heather Kulbacki‚ and @Kasia Osipowicz‚.

As promised, attached is a PDF of the presentation with everyone’s tips, and you can watch the recording here.

Do you have any outstanding questions? Was there a tip that was especially helpful that you picked up in the session? Leave a comment below and we’ll keep the conversation going!

Thanks again. If you have any feedback (good or bad), please don’t hesitate to reach out. You can find the schedule for all upcoming User Groups on the Events page on Workfront One (one.workfront.com/events).

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

10 Replies

Level 4

Hi All. Thank you for all the questions at today's virtual user group. It was great to present all the hard work we have been putting in at Google. I have attached a PDF version of the Onboarding form that was referenced in my presentation. Feel free to reach out if you all have further questions!

@Kristin Farwell‚ - thanks for the opportunity to present

Stay safe and healthy

Christa

Community Advisor

Thank you Christa! I'm really digging that landing page you made and am going to try my own 😊

Level 4

@Sheri Whitten‚ - There has been a lot of thought from all Google Admins to get this right for our users. Glad that you find it so helpful!

Level 4

@Christa Levine‚

I'm also very interested in the Landing Pages used by your company, thanks for sharing this.

May I ask what you refer to when you click 'Major Snippets' and 'Team Snippets' beneath 'Top Level Dashboards'?

Kind regards,

Femke

Level 4

@Femke Crijns‚ Happy to share. Please let me know if you would like to meet to discuss the Landing Pages more. The links you are referring to are essentially status dashboards (or reports) that the PMs will need to review to ensure that management is seeing the most updated information.

Best,

Christa

Level 2

Hi Christa,

How did you guys create those landing pages in WF, those are slick and my users would benefit greatly from something like this, especially for onboarding and directing to reporting? Are they a series of report types used to make the colors/boxes then placed on a dashboard? I'd love to meet for 30 mins to learn more how this was done, your team is amazing!

Level 2

Can anyone point to training or documentation on how to create landing pages like that?

Level 4

@Kurt Jones‚ Hi Kurt. Sorry for the late reply. Happy to meet with you and discuss landing pages. They are great for our users. Go ahead and ping me and we can set up some time after the Thanksgiving holiday!

Level 4

@Dave Koch‚ - Hi Dave. Essentially these landing pages use Google sheets and are embedded in a dashboard as an external link! This way the users can easily manage the content on the Google Sheet and it will appear on their dashboard. You just need to manipulate the width/ height. If you use Sharepoint, there are going to be more administrative set ups (aka need to add to the allow list) to get this work. Happy to meet with you to discuss further if needed - feel free to ping me seperately!

@Kurt Jones‚ - FYI for you as well!

Level 2
Thanks, Christa. Your follow-up email about the landing pages in Sheets and putting them on dashboard resolved my overall question, this is a great idea that I'm going to copy! Kurt Jones, PMP | Manager, Marketing Technology o: 303-383-5101, ext. 131-5101 e: kurt.jones@transamerica.com | w: www.transamerica.com<> Transamerica 1801 CALIFORNIA ST, DENVER, CO 80202 Facebook<> | Twitter<> | YouTube<> | LinkedIn<>