Expand my Community achievements bar.

Upvote my idea for Proofing

Level 10
Hi I'm having all sorts of issues when uploading versions to a proof whereby it automatically populates the sharing with everyone who has seen any previous version, so the whole world gets the notification that a new proof is ready. I would like to be able to control that default so they have to consider who is getting access to the new version. Please upvote my idea! https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360007895653-Customize-sharing-defaults-for-v... Jill Ackerman
6 Replies

Level 3
Just curious ... How are you uploading new versions? If you drag and drop on top of the existing file to create new versions, then the original proofing information gets picked up and assigned to the new version. Notifications will go out immediately. Of course, you can always go back in and change reviewers/approvers, if needed. (This is the expected functionality for this upload method.) However, if you select the existing file in the list and use the More button > New Version, it gives you the ability to change the reviewers/approvers before the proof is uploaded and BEFORE the emails go out. This is my preferred method of uploading versions, because most times my subsequent versions need different reviewers/approvers than my original file. (This is the expected functionality for this upload method.) Allison Lippert Workfront allisonlippert@workfront.com

Level 10
Hi Alison The designers are using More/New Versions BUT they are really ... um I'm trying to be polite ... having trouble eyeballing the page before they finalize, and they aren't remembering to X out all the previous reviewers and so everyone is getting included every single time. 12 versions, every single time. I know it's a matter of training, but they seem untrainable. Jill Ackerman | Director, Direct Marketing Lindblad Expeditions 96 Morton Street | New York, NY 10014 Ph. 212.261.9080 | Fax. 212.265-3770 jilla@expeditions.com | "http://www.expeditions.com/"> www.expeditions.com

Level 2
Thank you Allison. We were having the same frustration (copying over a proof and having everyone notified). We didn't know about the magic 'More' function but will definitely add that to our process! Thanks for taking the time to respond. Dianne Keohane Globoforce

Level 9
I've advised my account teams to create a client-only proof so they don't see all of our internal rounds of revision. Granted, no one has been brave enough to attempt proof sharing with their clients, but its a simple enough solution. The potential snag is that the client comments won't be in the same proof as our main version, but our client comments often need a fair amount of editing/interpretation from our medical teams anyway. Anthony Pernice Healthcare Consultancy Group

Level 10
So, we have been having an issue we call "the blue bar of death" where Workfront is having issues pulling the previous workflow and it gets stuck. We are working with support on that, but the workaround we have to do might help you... Instead of doing New Version -> Proof, do New Version -> Document You will then see a Generate Proof button, click it This generates a proof but only the proof creator is on the route. The proofer then has to go into Proof Details and either share it with more people (if you use Basic) or convert it to an automated workflow (if you use Advance). This is annoying as hell for us because we do want all the people from the previous route on it, but this might be great for you as it forces your Proof creator person to put in new people for every version. [Note: In case you don't know, a user cannot use the compare mode in the Proof Viewer if they are not on previous versions of the proof. Not sure if that is functionality you use.] Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 10
Thank you, that's a good tip that I didn't know would work. Other than training, there is also a security issue, if the designer doesn't remember to clean up sharing when they upload, someone might see something that they shouldn't. In the meantime, the designers have been hounded by people getting unwanted notifications to review a proof that they've already seen, they might finally be getting trained!! Hell hath no fury as unwanted emails �� Jill Ackerman | Director, Direct Marketing Lindblad Expeditions 96 Morton Street | New York, NY 10014 Ph. 212.261.9080 | Fax. 212.265-3770 jilla@expeditions.com | "http://www.expeditions.com/"> www.expeditions.com