Expand my Community achievements bar.

Undeliverable Messages

Level 5
Whenever I set up a new request and setup my task list for my team I receive a "Undeliverable" message in my inbox. My entire company is actually getting the same message. IT does not know what to do about this. Has anyone else had this happen and know how to resolve it? Thanks Deanne Curley
6 Replies

Level 2
Hi Deanne Assuming you have the same problem we had, we got it fixed by asking Workfront Support to reconfigure our instance to stop spoofing our company email addresses and use no-reply@workfront.com as the sender instead. So by default WF send the emails from xxxxx@yourcompany.com, which our security systems detected as some external mail server pretending to be inside our company when the emails were arriving from outside, or vice versa for outgoing emails. The security systems then refused to deliver the messages. Hope this helps Regards Bob Sleigh

Level 4
We had a similar issue when we set up our instance of Workfront. Turning off the spoofing resolved it straight away. The emails now show as the persons name, but with an email address of "notification@workfront.com" Nina Long TSB BANK PLC

Level 5
Thanks! I contacted support and they are working on this issue now. Hopefully it does work. Deanne Curley The Vitamin Shoppe

Level 6
Hello all, The most common reasons for this type of error message are IP addresses needing to be whitelisted and SPF records needing to be added to your company's firewall. Workfront uses Email Spoofing in order to best reflect who an update is coming from or what company/environment based on the received email address, an SPF record identifies the Workfront servers as trusted and allows emails from them to enter the system. I recommend giving these two articles to your network security or internal IT team in order to not interrupt incoming mail from Workfront: "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/227541748-How-to-Prevent-Spoofing-and-Add-Workfront-SPF-Records">How to Prevent Spoofing and Add Workfront SPF Records "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/216606678-Configuring-Your-Firewall">Configuring Your Firewall If you have any follow up questions, including what cluster your environment is on, please reach out to Workfront Support and we will be happy to help! Trevor A Pierce Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 5
Follow up: Contacted Workfront Support- and they had to turn off Spoofing on their end. My IT department did not need to do anything on their end Deanne Curley The Vitamin Shoppe

Level 6
Hi all, Quick follow-up: Yes, we can disable spoofing on our end when it is requested. We do recommend keeping it in order to allow for optimal communication between users and the ability to quickly reference who communication is coming from. If you are looking at any issues related to this, please reach out to Customer Support and we can help with any questions or changes that may need to happen. Have a great day! Trevor A Pierce Assigned Support Engineer Workfront