Expand my Community achievements bar.

Typeahead Fields and Time-off Visibility for Assignments

Level 3
Hey folks, I just wanted to let you all know about some new features coming soon. Two new features are now available on Preview and will be coming to Production in 2 weeks! A new type of custom field called Typeahead and also a new icon and tool-tip when assigning people with time-off are the features now on Preview. Check out the full details and demo videos here: https://experience.workfront.com/s/article/Enhancements-Releasing-Prior-to-the-General-2019-3-Releas... Thanks! Josh Hardman Product Manager, Workfront
6 Replies

Level 8
I'm looking forward to the typeahead field! This is a feature I requested 6/27/16 - nice to see it's being added! Adina Pierce

Level 10
hey @Josh Hardman thanks so much for the heads up on the upcoming features. Can I ask if there's any further improvement planned for the PTO visibility feature? Specifically if someone sets a PTO after the task is assigned to them, I (the PM) would like some sort of notification rather than my timeline dates automatically changing. Also wondering what further improvements are planned for the typeahead field (right now only referencing users [specifically, only one user name can be selected for that field] with "more to come") -- and timeline. :) Thanks! -skye

Level 4
We've been waiting for this! :) A couple of observations: I noticed it will give me a warning on all dates (even if out of range), not only on the date scheduled to be on PTO. I agree, it should provide some sort of notification to the project owner if an assignee schedules a PTO on days he/she has previous assignments. Also, maybe add a color warning on the assignee name on the task list, so you don't have to click on the "assigned to" filed to see the warning once the timeline has been set? Thanks! Patty Patricia Moreno McCann Health

Level 3
@Skye Hansen , for PTO, I am currently investigating making this a "reportable" object so that you can create custom reports as well as potentially a calendar with time off. It's just under investigation at this point with no commitment or timeline yet. I don't have any plans on adjusting the way that the auto-reschedule of dates works, but would recommend anyone that is interested in that to check out and possibly vote for this idea: https://experience.workfront.com/s/idea/0870z000000PSNiAAO/detail For the Typeahead fields I am looking at adding filters to the field so that as you type, you only see choices that meet the filter criteria. After that it will be extending it to more objects beyond just User. Also, no timeline for those, but they are high on my priority list. @Patricia Moreno , the warning will show up if the user has time off scheduled at any point during the planned dates of the task/issue, including the start/end dates. See above for the Idea exchange for time off scheduling of tasks. As to a color or some indicator on the task list without having to click into the assignments column... thanks, I'll take it under consideration. Josh Hardman Product Manager, Workfront

Level 4
@Josh Hardman thank you for considering my idea of color :) and to clarify, it showed me the warning even on a planned start/end date that was not even near the PTO. ex. the PTO was scheduled for 5/30/19 and the task i was looking at had a planned start/end dates in mid June. i had to get off the project, back to the project a couple of times for the warning to finally disappear. Could be a bug. Definitely voting on the auto-rescheduled of dates idea! thanks for the link! Patty Patricia Moreno McCann Health

Level 10
Josh, I'm hoping by filters you mean in the field definition I can set-up that the Typeahead will, for example, "show only users with Project Manager access" or "show only users with a role of Designer" or things like that. Kevin Quosig