Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Turning off overdue notification at project level

Level 10
We have an out of office project, using it to put out the request form as issues with the requestor as the assignee to the issue. The project does not have any task lists, its only function is so we can use the issues in this project for our OOO calendar. We're not concerned whether the assignee clicks work on it or done on the issue (actually prefer them not doing anything with it as it skews the calendar by making the issue go to actual date clicked rather the planned hours) but since we have overdue notification turned on (at setup), it's nagging the users to do something about their OOO after they've taken it. Is there a way to override the overdue notification at project level?
5 Replies

Level 10
Hi Polly. I like how you've modeled you OOO entries -- quite elegant. The notifications are global, so to exclude the OOO entries from the nagging (assuming from what you described that your system default is to have actual dates go in as "now" vs the planned dates), I suggest you make a report that highlights the OOO items that have passed, with instructions to copy/paste the Planned Start Date and Planned Completion Date into their respective Actual Dates. Another option would be to train people to put their OOO requests in USING the Actual Start Date and And Completion Date, which would prevent the problem from occurring in the first place. Regards, Doug

Level 10
Thanks Doug for the suggestion. I just have an additional question. The notifications are global, so to exclude the OOO entries from the nagging (assuming from what you described that your system default is to have actual dates go in as "now" vs the planned dates), Is there a way to change the system default so that actual dates = planned dates? I suggest you make a report that highlights the OOO items that have passed, with instructions to copy/paste the Planned Start Date and Planned Completion Date into their respective Actual Dates. I don't think we'll be able to get the users to actually do this. Another option would be to train people to put their OOO requests in USING the Actual Start Date and And Completion Date, which would prevent the problem from occurring in the first place. I would have preferred this option but the issue form queue setup can only allow Planned Start Date and Planned Completion Date on the form.

Level 10
Is there a way to change the system default so that actual dates = planned dates? I just found this setting. I have to think of it's impact overall before setting this up but it does present a possibility. Thanks.

Level 10
Now I wish this can be set project based!!! Feature requesting...

Level 10
Hi Polly, I'm glad you found the setting to default the Actual Dates to their Planned Dates (for those interested, see Setup > Project Preferences > Tasks & Issues > Actual Dates, and choose either Now or Planned on both options). If that setting is too broad (since it is global), another option would be to leverage our "http://store.atappstore.com/product/uberfilter/">UberCalc solution, which could automatically set these Out Of Office Tasks' Actual Start and Completion Dates to their Planned values once the Planned Completion Date is in the passed (and MUCH more). If you're interested in more details, please drop me a line at doug.denhoed@atappstore.com. Regards, Doug