Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Timelines external to Workfront

Level 7
We currently use an application external to Workfront to send our timelines to our clients as we find the gantt chart in Workfront not user friendly and we can't export it in an acceptable format. Does anyone else face this issue or have a workaround for it that they would be happy to share? Thanks Vicky Fitzgerald Telegraph Media Group Limited
5 Replies

Level 3
Hi Vicky - We too have an issue communicating our timelines to our clients via Workfront. I have been working with Workfront support to find a solution. I will be sure to share our findings. Thanks. Greg Lawville AAA Mid Atlantic

Level 7
Hi @Greg Lawville Thank you for your reply, keen to find out what solution support provide! Thanks, Vicky Vicky Fitzgerald Telegraph Media Group Limited

Level 2
We created a custom view of the project that our account managers export as a simple schedule PDF. I would be VERY happy to see a more "designer friendly" version of the gantt chart, which could be used for this though! Bernie Middendorf AT&T Creative Services - NYC

Level 7
Hi @Bernie Middendorf I would be interested to see the view you have set up but the client friendly version we are hoping to achieve is also one that can be amended by the client as well. Thanks, Vicky Vicky Fitzgerald Telegraph Media Group Limited

Level 3
Hi @Vicky Fitzgerald @Bernie Middendorf - I was able to work with Workfront Support on our unique issue of sharing timelines with our clients. Our most important task was to reinforce how long each round might take to complete. I would also like to add that each of our clients has access to Workfront through a review license. To complete this I created a custom request form of our timelines by round that I attached to our master project request form. When our client submits a new project request our timeline document is visible at the bottom of each brief. In addition, I sent out a system-wide announcement containing our timelines. Thanks and I hope everyone has a great day! Greg Lawville Head of Creative Services AAA Club Alliance