Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Timecard

Level 2
How can I get old projects that I am no longer working or associate with to drop from my Timesheet? Thank you, Mary NOTICE: NOTE: OUT OF OFFICE: Monday, September 30th through Thursday, October 3rd - Customer Site Monday, October 6th through Thursday, October 9th - Customer site. Thursday, October 16 through Friday, October 25th-PTO and FUJI M eeting. Thursday, December 25 through Thursday, January 1, 2020- PTO Mary Marshall MSA Lead Project Manager, MI Implementations FUJIFILM Medical Systems U.S.A., Inc. 81 Hartwell Avenue Lexington, MA 02421 Office: (803) 644-3009 Mobile: (540) 303-0241 "http://www.fujimed.com/" www.fujimed.com NOTICE: This message, including any attachments, is only for the use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential, sensitive and/or privileged information, or information otherwise prohibited from dissemination or disclosure by law or regulation, including applicable export regulations. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, copying, dissemination or distribution of this message or any of its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately by reply email and destroy this message, including all attachments, and any copies thereof. NOTICE: This message, including any attachments, is only for the use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential, sensitive and/or privileged information, or information otherwise prohibited from dissemination or disclosure by law or regulation, including applicable export regulations. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, copying, dissemination or distribution of this message or any of its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately by reply email and destroy this message, including all attachments, and any copies thereof.
2 Replies

Level 8
It depends if the item was added automatically when the timesheet was generated, or if you manually added the task. The short answer is you can only remove items you added manually AND haven't logged any time against. If an item is eligible for removal, you will see a graphic of a push pin on the very left hand side. Click the pin to remove the item. What follows is a ramble on how things are added to the timesheet automatically. You generally need to change global settings as a sys admin to change the behaviour. Most of this is under 'Settings', 'Timesheets and Hours', 'Preferences' with a little bit under timesheet profiles. The ramble beings......now. Timesheets are generated two weeks in advance over the weekend. There is a global setting for how far ahead tasks and issues need to be to appear on your timesheet - a choice of 1 to 4 weeks ahead. So if your administrator has set it to four weeks, on the 29th September your timesheets will be generated up until the 13th October, covering tasks up until 27th October. If you complete a task on the 30th September that was due on the 30th September, it's already been on your last two week's of timesheets and is already on your timesheets until 27th October (the next two). If your system administrator has set this to 1 week, then it's less of a problem but anyone running ahead of time needs to manually add the task if they start something early. You also have some options that might narrow down the number of items. You can include or exclude completed items at the time of timesheet generation, and choose whether you use planned date ranges, projected date ranges or both. https://experience.workfront.com/s/article/Log-Time-277215884#timesheet https://experience.workfront.com/s/article/Timesheet-and-Hour-Preferences-515667443 Barry Buchanan - WMA Work Management Australia

Level 2
Barry, Thank you for responding. All my entries are added manually by me. They do have time posted against them as they are projects I have actively worked. I've used the push pin but as you mention that won't work if there is time posted against the project. My suggestion would be for WORKFRONT to make a change to allow us to drop a project from a future time card, perhaps based upon certain conditions: The timesheet owner is no longer assigned to the project. The project is in a complete status. Perhaps other criteria I haven't considered. Given that I can work on over 100 projects a year my time card is going to get quite unwieldy. I thought in a past version projects use to drop off. Am I not remembering correctly? Thank you, Mary Marshall FujiFilm Medical Systems, USA