Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Team Builder

Level 2
Hello everyone, Happy Friday! I know everyone is ready for the weekend, but I thought I'd throw a little question out there. I'm the Product Manager over Team Builder and we are updating the tool, so I'd love to hear what you use the tool for and what features are especially useful to you. Looking forward to hearing from you. Happy weekend!
2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Mandy, We originally planned to use the team builder, but in practice most of our users don't. The main thing we liked about it is that it matches available resources to tasks based on role and schedules/availability. The main issues with it are the limited and non-intuitive filtering options. With a large number of resources in our system it is not really very practical for our resource managers to use. We would prefer to use the new Scheduling tool (and/or a per-project version of it) and will hopefully do so once the ability to filter on Custom Task Data is added. Cheers, David

Level 2
Thanks for your feedback, David. I appreciate learning more about how your group is using (or not using) the tools. And I especially appreciate hearing the reasons that Team Builder is not working for your team. Also, Custom data fields are coming!