Expand my Community achievements bar.

Tasks for Meetings

Level 2
Hi All, Wondering if anyone else out there currently uses tasks for meetings that are part of the process and (hopefully) budget? For example, we have the following for a branding project: 1. Download meeting - required attendees are listed by job role in the schedule template - hours = .50 x number of attendees. 2. Preliminary concepts - actual "work" task for the creative team with budgeted hours 3. Concept meeting - required attendees are listed by job role in the schedule template - hours = .50 x number of attendees. It's always been a hassle for the PMs to do it this way because we are simultaneously scheduling in a version of Outlook not integrated with Workfront, and whenever we move a meeting we have to adjust in WF, and vice versa. So when a stakeholder suggested we create a template without them I was on board, but then I started to realize they do some important things I was taking for granted: - Capture planned hours for meetings for better QvA - Let PMs know what meetings to schedule, when to schedule them, and who to invite (this is not documented anywhere else) - Handy for predecessor/successor relationships (e.g. we can't do a creative brief until we have the client kick-off MEETING, so if there's no task what do I have that be dependent on?) So I'd like to hear what others in the community do to accommodate process meetings-task? Hour type? Nothing at all? Thanks! Sarah Maltas Merrick Towle Creative
3 Replies

Community Advisor
We have similar meeting tasks. We set the hours the same as you have, and set the duration for 2-3 days so the PMs have some flexibility when scheduling in Outlook. Heather Slater Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.

Level 10
Hi, We do exactly the same when it's about about planned hours . If those are project teams meeting which will be taking place on 2 weeks/monthly basis - we've got Project meetings tasks created for the duration of whole project. If those are one off meetings - tasks being created on a day of the meeting. Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD

Level 3
I have done this with many clients over the years. Remember to place the meeting tasks into a project management section of the project at the end of the task lists. This allows you to control the critical path that will want to have a straight path from task one to the end. The project management section needs to be less in duration than all other tasks in the critical path section. Doug Williams - NETSource Consulting NETSource Consulting Helping others simplify the complexities of their Workfront installations.