Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Tasks Assigned to a User where User's Actual Hours =0

Level 4
Here's a fun one: I'm trying to create a report to send out to my team that shows them tasks they are assigned to that they have not yet logged hours on. I've tried looking at the following: Hours Report - cannot report on "null" hours (if a user doesn't log hours, there is nothing to report on) Task Report - can filter down to tasks where Actual Hours are null or <0.1H, but that applies to everyone 's Actual Hours - so if any one of several users has logged time against that task, the task will not show up My goal is to be able to report on this to help remind team members to log their time. I've figured out a lot of other logic, but this one is escaping me. Any ideas? Greg Troester CHG Healthcare Services, Inc.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

8 Replies

Level 4

Hi Greg, We needed to do the same thing. I've attached a photo of the report filters we set up to show a report for no time logged in projects in specific portfolios as well as what the report looks like. The wrinkle to this report is that if you have a task with multiple people assigned, if one of them logs time, the task won't show up in the report for other people who might not have logged their time for that task yet. However, that's not something we run into very often. Hope these help. If you figure out another approach or a refinement to this, I'd love to hear about it. Chris Watson KVH Industries, Inc.0690z000007ZiE4AAK.png

Level 4
Thanks, Chris - I appreciate you sharing that report. It confirms that I'm going about it in a logical way! I'll keep chewing on this as I get time and will post back to this thread if I get something worked out. Greg Troester CHG Healthcare Services, Inc.

Level 2
Hi Chris, For tracking assigned tasks with 0 hours associated - I suggest focusing on the % complete or past due element instead. Just a suggestion. For auditing purposes, we have a report (kindly build by our Workfront consultant) that tracks 0 hours logged against a completed task. Perhaps this could be useful. Jeffrey Thell CRF Bracket

Level 2
Did you ever get anywhere on this? I'm coming across the same situation for an Hours Report. I want to show users who haven't entered ANY hours. Malcom Benites Zimmerman Advertising LLC

Level 10
I've been playing around a lot recently with exists statements, so I can't help feeling that the answer is in there somewhere. "https://wf-pro.com/how-to/how-to-add-exists-and-notexists-to-a-filter/" title="https://wf-pro.com/how-to/how-to-add-exists-and-notexists-to-a-filter/">https://wf-pro.com/how-to/how-to-add-exists-and-notexists-to-a-filter/ it would help though, to get more clear about what you're looking for. A user report where users have not entered hours? (kind of along the lines of "users who have never logged time"? or possibly "users who haven't logged time recently"?) An assignment report where hours have not been entered? (more along the lines of "actual work assigned to users and time is not logged"?) even after a few successful reports and a bunch of studying, this isn't exactly intuitive to me... but I feel like this direction is where your answer lies. -skye

Level 4
We use similar reports for both our users and the managers to monitor tasks that are completed but don't have hours logged. We have the user report on our User Dashboard so that they are able to look at their completed tasks that don't have time logged. We also have a similar report for direct reports on our Manager Dashboard so that the managers are able to look at a specific time frame and see if hours are accurately being logged. For some reason I can't load the screen shots of the filters but here is what we use for each report. Each report has a prompt on the Task> Actual Completion Date so the user can select the time frame they wish to look at. User - My Tasks Without Hours (Task Report): Task>Actual Hours - Equals - 0H Assignment User> ID - Equals - $$USER.ID Task> Is Complete - Equals - True Manager - Direct Reports - Tasks Without Hours (Task Report) Task>Actual Hours - Equals - 0H Assignment User> Manager ID - Equals - $$USER.ID Task> Is Complete - Equals - True I hope this helps. Jessie Dantin Mercy Health

Level 2
Skye, I looked at the exists filter and I don't think it's going to help much. I believe that's more for connecting databases to each other which are out of reach in the hierarchical system WF employs. To be clear I have a matrix report showing all of our creative's hours. However, if a creative doesn't enter any hours then it won't show. That makes sense, there's nothing to report on because there's no data. Fair enough. So I created another hours report with the filter for hours = null. In theory that should bring back all my creatives with no hours because there's no value. Doesn't work. I opened a ticket to see if this is a glitch, cause the null parameter works on every other report. Jessie, I like the idea of using a task-based report but that won't work either because not all our creatives in my agency are entering hours to the task, some are entering hours on the project level across all our clients, or in an internal hours "bucket" which is a project. All this kind of leaves me at... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I did just come back from Leap (Dallas) and my coworker mentioned someone had created a prompt or something for entering hours. We're still looking for the slides for that. When WF gets back to me as to why null doesn't work I'll fill you all in. Malcom Benites Zimmerman Advertising LLC

Level 4
Hi Malcom, On a task report you can report on objects at the project level. If you add an "Or" function to the report for Project>Actual Hours - Equals - 0H, would that help? Jessie Dantin Mercy Health