Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Task Report - Assistance with complex filter for Predecessor Name

Level 3

Hi reporting gurus - some time ago, we retroffited a task to existing proejcts and missed adding a predecessor. Need help with a report to help suss out a retrofit issue we had. We have 2,000+ active projects, so need the report to help us zero-in on the projects with issues. Would like to show the following:

1) Tasks titled "sample task" where there is no predecessor with the name "retrofit"

2) Where #1 is true, show both "sample task" and "retrofit" tasks grouped by project on the task report (below code is a workaround to have this task appear in the report)

Below is how far I have gotten:

name=sample task

name_Mod=cieq

predecessorsMM:name=retrofit

predecessorsMM:name_Mod=cinotcontains

project:status=CUR

project:status_Mod=in

status=NEW INP

status_Mod=in

OR:1:handoffDate_Mod=notnull

OR:1:name=retrofit

OR:1:name_Mod=cicontains

OR:1:project:status=CUR

OR:1:project:status_Mod=in

OR:1:status=HFT YCX NOT CPL

OR:1:status_Mod=notin

Note the "predecessorsMM:name" code does not appear to be working as I am seeing results of the "sample task" where the "retrofit" predecessor is already added.

I am not sure, but this may be a candidate for the EXISTS filter. Can anyone please help...?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi Hrug,

If these projects use templates and your ultimate goal is to correct the missing predecessors, I invite you to consider using our Sync Template solution (perhaps even just in your preview environment) to efficiently synchronize the predecessors (among other things) from the template(s) to the (fitered) projects of interest.

Regards,

Doug

Level 10

Hi - so I'll be honest, I've never done an Exist filter with a modifier other than equal or not equal, especially "contains" type filter. So not sure if this will work but thought I'd share.

EXISTS:1:$$OBJCODE=PRED

EXISITS:1:successorID=FIELD:ID

EXISTS:1:name=retrofit

EXISTS:1:name_Mod=cinotcontains

name=sample task

name_Mod=cieq

project:status=CUR

project:status_Mod=in

status=NEW INP

status_Mod=in

OR:1:handoffDate_Mod=notnull

OR:1:name=retrofit

OR:1:name_Mod=cicontains

OR:1:project:status=CUR

OR:1:project:status_Mod=in

OR:1:status=HFT YCX NOT CPL

OR:1:status_Mod=notin

I'd also thought I'd share my notes from Jason Webre's Leap session about Exist filters when you are going down the hierarchy (or looking at collections)

Moving Down The Hierarchy

This is for reports where you want to apply a filter based on a many-to-one relationship (Like portfolios that have projects Anthony owns)

EXISTS:1:$$OBJCODE=[Insert Object Code for the Collection]

EXISTS:1:[Collection Object Type's field that matches current object]=FIELD:[Current Object Type's field that matches collection object]

EXISTS:1:[Field on Collection being filtered]=[Condition]

Based on my Example:

EXISTS:1:$$OBJCODE=PROJ

EXISITS:1:portfolioID=FIELD:ID

EXISTS:1:ownerID=532376910024d8443277c3e46ed5330a