Expand my Community achievements bar.

Suggestions for a Calculated Field

Level 2
I am creating a pseudo scorecard on a custom form. I have radio button fields that a user will select the answer that best fits the statement. Example: The project adhered to brand standards Choices: Agree Somewhat Agree Disagree I have a calculated field set up to "score" the choice selected IF(The project adhered to brand standards="Agree","2", IF(The project adhered to brand standards="Somewhat Agree","1", IF(The project adhered to brand standards="Disagree","0"))) If a person selects Agree, the statement is scored with a 2 and so on. My next step is to collect all the assigned "scores" and add them up. This is where I am getting tripped up and looking for suggestions on how to accomplish. I added a calculated field and used the SUM calculation, but nothing shows when the form is filled out. I tried to change the format to number, but that did not seem to work either. Here are some screenshots of my calculations both for the scoring and the sum of the scores. I have made sure to take out the punctuation as that was causing an error in my calculations. Is this possible or am I trying to do something the tool cannot accommodate. Any help/feedback is appreciated. Here is what I see on the custom form. Joe Benes Brighthouse Financial Charlotte, NC
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 8
Try making your last field (the one that has the SUM calculation) a number format. It won't sum if it is text format. Adina Pierce Cisco

Level 10
It's probably due to those periods in the label. In your Sum function, I don't see them. Try wrapping the SC PP 3.10ACE 3.12D in curly brackets like this... SUM({SC PP 3.10ACE 3.12D},{SC PP 3.10ACE 3.12D}) Using "Number" format is important for your reporting. Narayan Raum Senior System Admin, Solution Architect & Delivery Lead of Workfront. Service & Business Manager. COE Lead. AVP Enterprise Data Governance Execution (EDGE) SunTrust Bank

Level 2
With the two suggestions above, I was able to get the calculated field to work. Joe Benes Brighthouse Financial Charlotte, NC