Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Suggested Year End Reports

Level 2
We are only about 5 months into Workfront and it occured to me that we might want to do some year end reporting. Any suggestions on types of reports that are useful to cover the year?
4 Replies

Level 3
Great question!! I would be interested in the answer as well. Shelly Long, PMP, CSSGB Marketing Traffic Manager Pier 1 Imports Accelerate to Excellence

Level 4
Hi Anna, These reports I like for some year end maintenance and keeping the instance decluttered. I run a Project Report for projects with the name 'untitled project.' When creating a New Project, people might miss-click when selecting a template and start a new project, hit the back arrow in their browser to choose the template correctly and not realize there is a project created for that miss-click. It can be surprising how many you find, especially with users new to Workfront. I always check the projects before deleting. They usually have a 'last updated date' that equals the 'entry date,' have no tasks, and a blank update feed. This might not pertain to you yet only 5 months in, I run an active user report and sort by last login date. Helps uncover maybe some accounts for former employees that need to be deactivated and gives a view of how active people are using the tool and if some Plan licenses could be reassigned to and better used by someone else. I've seen a few instances of people swearing they will need a Plan license during implementation only to login twice a year. Andrew Beard Sr. Associate, LeapPoint "mailto:abeard@leappoint.com" abeard@leappoint.com 203-232-4090

Level 8
Andrew, That "Untitled Project" report is a great idea!!! Especially if new teams were recently added. I would also recommend running a similar report but for projects with "Test" in the title.

Level 3
I attached some ideas for an IS department. They made it to my immediate boss, but they have not yet been published, so I have no feedback on their usefulness.