Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

start date after predecessor

Level 2
What causes the start date to be later than the complete date of its predecessor?
4 Replies

Level 5
Hi Ed I am not sure I completely understand the question, but the hardest thing our department had to learn is the meaning behind the three types of dates WF tracks: planned, projected and actual. If you aren't comparing apples to apples (eg planned to planned) then dates in WF can be confusing like your scenario above.

Level 7
And don't forget "Estimated" dates. We use these most often. Ed, also make sure of the constraint of the dask (for instance, it might be set to "Must Start On").

Level 3
Can you clarify "estimated dates?"

Level 7
The Estimated Start/End Dates are similar to Projected Dates with a few minor differences. One I think of at the top of my head is that if you have a "Must finish On", the Projected date equals that, but the estimated date continues to estimate the end date (meaning if you have a 2 week duration task, and your Must Finish On date is equal to 1 week from now but it is at 0% completion, the Projected Date will still be one week from now, but the estimated date will be 2 weeks from now. there are other minor differences, but I'm on vacation right now and don't have my notes! I'll see if I have more when I get back next week.