Expand my Community achievements bar.

Sorting by results of a valueexpression?

Level 7

Hello,

Does anyone know if it's possible to force sort the results of a valueexpression in a report?

For example, I'm creating an issue report with a column that shows the resolving project's Last Update Date. If the issue does not have a resolving project, then the issue's Last Update Date will display instead:

displayname=Last Update Date

textmode=true

valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({resolveProject}.{lastUpdateDate}),{lastUpdateDate},{resolveProject}.{lastUpdateDate})

valueformat=atDate

I would like to sort by this column first, then have the results sort in descending order, so I added this code to the above:

sortOrder=1

sortType=desc

However, this completely broke the report, so I may be totally off track with this approach. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 7

Hi Linnie,

this sounds like a report I could use,

especially now that we are not converting every issue to a project and need that update view.

if you don't mind sharing I'd like to see it and see answer to your question.

Level 7

Hi Tegwyn, sure thing. This is a screenshot from the issue report I'm working on. "Last Update Date" is the column that uses the text mode code I mentioned in my initial post. Seems to work great except for the sorting issue.

displayname=Last Update Date

textmode=true

valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({resolveProject}.{lastUpdateDate}),{lastUpdateDate},{resolveProject}.{lastUpdateDate})

valueformat=atDate

0690z000008KqJQAA0.png

The Project Team column you see here is also text mode. It shows users on the project team of the issue's resolving project. I use this:

displayname=Project Team

listdelimiter=<div>

listmethod=nested(resolveProject.projectUsers).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression={user}.{name}

valueformat=HTML

"Original Request Queue Topic" is just the queue topic name field from the standard builder.

Level 7
This is awesome – thank you so much! I hope you get an answer!!!!

Level 6

According to WF Support this currently not possible:

I just heard from our Reporting team on this. Apparently they also suggested the same workaround as currently there is no way to sort on valueexpression directly. I know that our Reporting development teams are currently working on a new reporting targeted for late 2020 however I am not aware if this functionality or similar features can be included. Some other functionalities I have seen are very advanced such as flexible filtering of date selection, value comparison etc directly on the final reporting screen which will be very handy without going back and forth to the report builder screen.