Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Shared proof sent via email not accessible

Level 3
Hi Workfront Partners- We are working on a proof workflow for final approval. One entity is Regulatory which has 6 different people but only one will review the proof for approval based on their expertise and the content sent. We designated a gatekeeper who receives the proof, determines who best to review and then sends via the share link on the left within the open proof using the email function (not embed link). This gatekeeper also has a worker license. As we are trialing this, the regulatory gatekeeper does this and sends to the regulatory member - who also has a Workfront profile - but then when they try to Go To Proof, they get a login screen. We are SSO so they shouldn't need this correct? Even when they put in their single sign on password, they can't open the proof. Any ideas what we are doing wrong? I looked at security settings and they should be able to share in this manner. Any feedback is appreciated! Susan Bose GOJO Industries
6 Replies

Level 6
Hi Susan, The "Share" link, requires a login so it can know who is trying to view the proof (I don't recall all the intricacies of the share button, but the conclusion for us was it was pretty useless except for read only purposes). The best way to do this, would likely be to have the gatekeeper (with a Work license) add the person(s) as a recipient to the proof (via proof details in WF, or in the proof viewer via the share panel -> add recipients). This will allow them to enter in any email address (regardless of SSO) and not require any login. For people who are in Workfront, you can also mention them (@ name ) in a comment on the proof and it will add them to the proof as recipient with default settings. Regards, Sean Sanders London Drugs

Level 10
We have this problem all the time when using the Public Link or Email Link. No matter how many times I tell people DO NOT USE THE PUBLIC LINK they still want to be able to add the link into an email or skip the "Add Recipients" portion. Any other way than "Share/Add Recipients" causes problems.

Level 7
Simply put: If you want someone to review a proof it's best to have them on the proof workflow. Click to select proof -> proof details -> add recipients to the workflow Richard Carlson Behr Paint Company Santa Ana, CA

Level 3
Any thoughts on having one person on more than one proofing stage in an automated workflow? We have certain partners that are responsible for decisions on different proofing stages and we've been able to finagle a bit, but I'd love to hear if there were a more elegant solution. Thanks!
-- "https://www.capitalone.com/" style="margin:0px;padding:0px;border:0px;font-weight:inherit;font-style:inherit;font-family:inherit;vertical-align:baseline;color:rgb(4,53,97)" Jeremy Newman Creative Project Management Lead • Brand 299 Park Ave, New York, NY 10171 347-638-3971 646-528-4949
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and/or proprietary to Capital One and/or its affiliates and may only be used solely in performance of work or services for Capital One. The information transmitted herewith is intended only for use by the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.

Level 10
Hi - So for us we have two groups that work similar and took different approaches. The first group has the project manager put everyone on the stage and use the setting "One Decision Required". Everyone gets the emails when it is ready and they decide among themselves who will actual work on it. The second group setup a request queue in Workfront that goes to the dashboard. In the form for the request, we tell the project manager to put in the DOCUMENT link (we mention it must start with fcb.my.workfront and NOT fcb.proofhq.com). When the Reg Ops person clicks the document link, they can click the Proof button and will be added via a token to the proof. That way that are added to the proof (they get added into a Workfront Stage and they do receive an email afterwards which is annoying, but whatever) but don't have to log in as Workfront knows them so tells ProofHQ they are cool. :) Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 3
Thank you all for these very helpful suggestions. I will try a couple with the gatekeeper for regulatory - they are somewhat resistant to this so we are trying to alleviate their fears that they will get inundated with proof reviews through email receipt if we add them all. The gatekeeper currently facilitates the Adobe PDF review we utilize now so we thought the workflow most like that would be best. I'll let you know which direction we go! Susan Bose GOJO Industries