Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Security Question - How to prevent users from updating their own name/email address

Level 4
Does anyone know how to prevent a non-system admin user from updating their personal information such as firstname/lastname/email? We utilize Workfront for time reporting as well as give access to our clients (review license) to see that status of their projects they have engaged us to do. We do not want our users to be able to change their name or email address to the point that we may have trouble identifying them b/c they decided to use a nick name and or use their GMAIL address instead of their corporate email.
7 Replies

Level 10
Wow....thanks for the heads-up. That's not great....please raise it as a feature request to get it changed so it can be restricted. Similar to the one I learnt of recently where team members can make major edit changes to their teams (renaming it, and changing members). :-/

Level 4
We have raised this as an enhancement request and encourage others to do so as well. The more requests for the same enhancement, the sooner it is likely to be implemented. As a work around, we are testing attribute mapping with our Active Directory in hopes that even if the user changes their name, it will automatically revert to the name from AD. We have also hit the issue with Teams you mentioned and have an enhancement request in for that as well. On Jun 29, 2016, at 1:37 AM, David Cornwell > wrote: Wow....thanks for the heads-up. That's not great....please raise it as a feature request to get it changed so it can be restricted. Similar to the one I learnt of recently where team members can make major edit changes to their teams (renaming it, and changing members). :-/ -----End Original Message----- NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are only for use by the intended recipients and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail (or the person responsible for delivering this document to the intended recipient), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, printing or copying of this e-mail and any attachments or use of information contained within is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please respond to the individual sending the message, and permanently delete all electronic and hard copies.

Level 2
It is confusing when users do not use the existing teams and then create new teams that are copies of the original team!

Level 2
this is frustrating for us too. We have many people that use an AKA ie: Charles goes by Colby. We have a number of Asian people that use an easier first name. I would sure like to see a "Nickname field" and would like to see the email address locked out from users changing them. Changing the email address to a non-corporate address is an internal security violation for our company.

Level 10
Hi - I have now also logged a feature request asking to be able to prevent users from changing this.

Level 3
We use SAML and don't have this issue, however we do need a "Goes by", "Nickname" or some other field that the user can update that will not get wiped out each time they log-in. I have several users who put in requests to have their name updated and I have to inform them, it needs to start with a request to Human Resources. I'm emailing in the nickname field as a feature request. Connie

Level 10
I put in a request for a nickname field a while back.:)