Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Search function changes

Level 3
Has anybody noticed a change in the search function in the last week or so? We used to be able to search for projects using a reference number or name and it would return a few options and we found what we needed. Now it often doesn't return any results and we have to search another way. Is it related to the drop down menu that wasn't there before? Search is one of my favorite features - please tell me it's not gone! Mark Hahn Mark Hahn SEI Investments Company
4 Replies

Level 10
I had a search problem last week search for the name of a project. It found nothing, but I was able to look up the project via the menus and it was there (and I did spell it correctly �� ). I haven't tried it since then, So I'm not sure if it got fixed or note. But I haven't heard any complaints from my users. Vic Alejandro, PMP, CSM | IT | Sr. Technical Project Manager Denver Water | t: (303-628-7262) | c: (303-319-6473) "http://www.denverwater.org/"> http://www.denverwater.org INTEGRITY | VISION | PASSION | EXCELLENCE | RESPECT

Level 10
We had a similar problem, and I had to contact Support who arranged for a re-index. That fixed it. David Cornwell

Level 7
Hello Mark, And, well.. everyone. We did change how our search functionality works... we implemented a new search tool that is far more powerful and less resource intensive for large searches. However, not everything was indexed properly after that search which is why some folks have had to reach out to Support to have us request a re-index of their environment. I would recommend contacting our Customer Care team to raise an issue if you are seeing problems with search. Be prepared to provide an example object, a link to the object, and an example user that cannot find that object via search. As a side note, if you use the object's reference number and change the global search (magnifying glass) to the object type, you'll be taken right to the object itself. Thanks, Dustin Martin Tier 2 Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 10
We've had similar issues with items that can be found using Advanced Search, but not the Regular Search. We have tickets opened with the help desk: 1) Advanced Search returning keyword searches, but Global Search doesn't. --> we were told in some cases it was related to indexes. Once they rebuilt indexes it would work again. This seems to be happening more frequently now and is still under investigation. 2) Search not providing the expected results -> help desk indicated this was related to "stop" words being used by the user. 3) Alphanumeric searches returning too many results. --> was supposed to be fixed 10/23/17 as per Help Desk. Admin Kelly-Wehrmann SSFCU