Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Review Access: Task View and Project View

Level 10
I noticed anyone with Review access level is unable to view tasks assigned to them unless they are given 'view' access to the whole project. I thought with this type of access level, a Reviewer could only view tasks. I also noticed that the Reviewer is able to comment on all tasks not just the ones assigned to them. Anyone have anything different? Thank you.
4 Replies

Level 7
Well, actually they can view the task because they have access to it, but the mechanism is to get there is a little tough since they don't have "My work". If they searched for the task, they would find it and then they could see it and update it. As a standard, we have all projects set to "when someone is assigned to a task, give them view access to the project" so we don't worry about this and they get to view the whole project anyway. Anyone who has access (shared) with a task, can enter an update.

Level 10
That is what I thought. Or, the project manager would need to make a comment within task and then it would show up under My Updates. Thank you!

Level 8
You could always create an 'open tasks assigned to me' report, put it on the dashboard and share it with reveiwers through layout templates. That way they only see (and therefore will only post updates on) tasks assigned to them without having to hunt.

Former Community Member
On our Templates, when someone is assigned a task, we give them Contribute access to the project. For my Reviewers, I assign them a task, but it still does not give them the access to the project? What we have been doing is what was mentioned, where we put them in a Directed Update and it shows up on their main screen, but they can still only access the task and not the project. In order to give them access to the project, we have to actually go in and "Share" it with them? Is anyone else seeing this?