Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Revenue Type on Task

Level 10
Some tasks in completed projects do not have the correct Revenue Type so when I try to do a report on financial stuff, I'm not getting the correct numbers. Naturally, I tried to correct the Revenue Type on these tasks but the system won't let me do so telling me I can't update that task field on Completed projects. Is there a reason why this is so?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 7
It's a setting in Project Preferences (Life after Death section). You can set if the Task can be edited once the project is marked as Complete/Dead. So you can either check that box to allow it to be edited (beware), or, change the status fo the project to Current, edit the task, and change the status back to Complete.

Level 10
{{Greg}} Beware is good advice. Early on, we allowed people to edit complete projects, because they wanted to make last edits, whatever. What we found was that the planned hours were manipulated and the historical value of completed projects was compromised. We turned it off. No one can manipulate complete projects. We have no trouble trusting the accuracy of our data now. Thanks for that mention! Eric

Level 10
Thanks Greg for pointing out where that setting is located and thanks Eric for sharing your experience with regards to changing that setting. I just changed the setting and had ran a report to allow me to mass change the revenue type and turned it back off.