Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Resources w/ multiple roles

Level 1
Hi all, I have end users set up with one primary role and then some other secondary roles. I ensure that when I assign a task to a resource that I choose the correct role. So why is it that when I look at the scheduling tab I see the same tasks assigned for each of the user's roles? In the attached screen shot, Mady has the same tasks assigned at the Admin role and Collaboration Engineer role. Why wouldn't I just see the tasks at the role in which it was assigned (in this case Collab Engineer only)? I could use some assistance or advice on how to handle this. Thanks! Tara Krause Aspire Tech
3 Replies

Level 6
I believe the system is proving info about the PERSON. This way if you are assigning work to the role, you know if the person has capacity. Without this, you would not be able to tell if the person is overloaded with ADMIN work when looking only at another role. Marty Gawry - CapabilitySource

Level 10
Hi, We've noticed the same issue! We have created two separate Resource pools with difference job role and assigned the desire resource pool to a project. Unfortunately it still showed both job roles and doubled tasks under both job roles as you're showing on your screenshot. i wonder if it means to be this way? Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD

Level 3
Marty is right ... A person will show up under each job role they're assigned, and all of their assignments will show up each time. That way you know how much work they've been assigned in total to help you prevent over-allocation. When you expand each task, you'll see it's assigned to the user as a specific job role: Also, you can use the Filters so that your user list shows just specific job roles. But it will still show all assignments made to that person, regardless of the job role. Allison Lippert Workfront Training Manager allisonlippert@workfront.com