Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Resource planning tools & roles

Level 10
I had a question today from a PM: "how do I easily view weekly totals of planned hours for roles the same way I can for users?" My first stop was to load up the Scheduling area of the project but I couldn't find a setting that showed me that for each particular role without manually expanding each one I then tried the (legacy) Resource Grid and couldn't find the same option. I then went to the Resource Planner but obviously that only goes down to weekly, not daily. The Scheduling area of People was the same as on the project. Is this an unconventional request? Or is there a way to do it? Thanks! Jamie Hill JLL
2 Replies

Level 10
Hi: There is a utilization report that can be viewed for each project. It looks something like this: We don't use budgeted hours, so those are always zero. You can open a role ( click the > next to the role name) and see the hours planned for each person assigned to that role on the project. Does that help? Thanks, Eric

Level 10
Hi Eric, I had actually forgotten about that option on the project level! Good shout :) I think though it was the daily planned hours (rather than a weekly aggregate) that they were after. OT: There's no buttons to navigate week-by-week on the Utilization area, you have to open the calendar each time. Grrr. Jamie Hill JLL