Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

REsource Planner Grid Enhancements

Level 4
Hi all - wondering if anyone knows of any upcoming enhancements to the resource planner grid . . for example add additional attributes to the resource planner (e.g. add a user attribute that appears next to their name) more dynamic filtering John Hoebler Cross Country Consulting
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

9 Replies

Level 10

Hi John,

No plans at this point but displaying additional attributes is a good topic to raise in the Idea Exchange. I would recommend posting there.

For filters specifically, Resource Planner supports filtering by custom data and other user attributes. The functionality is documented here: https://one.workfront.com/s/article/Filtering-Content-in-the-Resource-Planner-752907101

Thanks,

Vazgen

Level 4
Thanks for the reply . . the big asks are Add additional user or project attributes to the grid for reporting Being able to group, subtotal and total. Without these features, we need to dump data down into excel, vlookup in data and do pivot tables, which is very disappointing.

Level 10

Got it, yes, definitely a good one for Idea Exchange, especially Reporting area, as what you describe is pretty much custom reporting on hour-based information we have (correct me if I'm wrong, of course). I did hear similar feedback through my research but it would be good to understand how widespread and urgent is the need for such reporting solution.

Level 4
It is my understanding that you cannot access the planned hours allocation through normal reporting – only through the resource planner grid. If so, then we are limited to that. There are several ideas out there on the exchange already. Definitely disappointed that this is not on the roadmap for the near future – that may impact our renewal decision. Thanks for replying on the weekend. Hope you and yours are safe!

Level 10

That is correct, currently planned hour allocation is not available through reporting but that piece is on the roadmap. So we do not plan to enhance the Resource Planner view but instead aim on exposing the data through reporting for custom visualization needs‚

Level 4
Great – do you happen to know a timeline for that feature?

Level 10

Not at this point I'm afraid but we are synchronizing that effort with the general enhancements for Workfront reporting, a large initiative that is now underway. @Exp - Matt Thomas‚ is working on that and he would be the one to share more details on the initiative.‚

Level 1

We are actively working on the updated reporting backend and frontend, but do not have a timeline at this point. @John Hoebler‚ I would love to show you the direction we are going and get your feedback in the meantime if that works.

Level 4
That would be great jhoebler@crosscountry-consulting.com