Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Resource Planner and Scorecard/Business Case for Project Prioritization

Level 4
Hello, Q: How can I enforce the usage of Scorecard and Business Case for project prioritization in the Resource Planner view? Please consider the following scenario... I'm trying to make a good use of the project Business Case functionality for Resource Planning. It's the first place that Workfront is looking at when prioritizing projects in the Resource Planner view/list. For that reason, I've created a Scorecard which was attached to the Business Case of one project only. After the Scorecard was updated that kicked the Business Case alignment to a number greater than zero, e.g. 100%, or 67%, or 75%. All other projects didn't have the Scorecard attached to their respective Business Cases. Hence, their alignment score is 0%. As a result of that, I expected that the only one project with alignment greater than zero will pop to the top of the project list in the Resource Planner view. However, it didn't happen. It appeared in the Resource Planner list, but it was down there in the bottom 10-20%. Q: How can I enforce the usage of Scorecard and Business Case for project prioritization in the Resource Planner view? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you. Best, +Pavlin Pavlin Panayotov Littelfuse, Inc.
1 Reply

Level 10
Hi Pavlin, I walked through your use case today. Because the Project Filtering on the Resource Planner is currently restricted to only Project Status, perhaps you could create a new type of Status (e.g. "Request With Business Case" based upon the "Request" Status, if the latter is where start) train people on the requirement of completing the Business Case on each Project add a process to then move such Projects to "Request With Business Case" (at last) adopting a policy of always, only, filtering the Resource Planner to such Projects educate those whose "Request" Project was neither considered nor staffed of this process Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads