Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Resource Allocation w/ One Day Off Every Week

Level 4
Hello Community, How would you allocate a specific resource to be available for work Monday thru Thursday (32 hrs) and take a day off every Friday (8 hrs) for an extended period of time (ex. 52 weeks)? One way is to do that manually in the resource time-off area. I guess, there is a better approach... What's the automated way that you've done in your experience w/ the platform? Thank you, +Pavlin
4 Replies

Level 10
We created a schedule such that Fridays are days off. We assigned people to that schedule, and viola! no one works Friday. Eric

Level 10
Hi - Eric's way is the best automated way but some things to consider with that... If you do this, you do not see the grey thingy (the technical term) in the scheduling tool that you do if they take off. You will see them over-allocated for the week but there isn't a visual indicator. This is important because if you have multiple people on tasks, a person might have a task due on Friday even if they aren't supposed to work. This is because your options for settings are task owner's schedule or project schedule. Our resource managers have found the grey things helpful so they can contour the task and avoid the "day off" for that resource. So, in conclusion, a schedule is the best automated way, but we have found some grey benefits just giving the person every Friday off in their time-off. Just depends on the tools and way you resource.

Level 4
Thank you Eric, Creating a custom schedule was a very fast approach. Best, +Pavlin

Level 4
Hi Anthony, Thank you for providing the small but important nuances to Eric's solution. It helped me a lot in implementing the custom schedule solution. Now I can make any weekday a day off for any team member. Good stuff! Grazie. Best, +Pavlin