Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Request queue question

Level 2
Is there a way to create a request queue that isn't tied to a project, or doesn't have an end date? I have some projects created that aren't meant to ever be officially "completed" - things like on going website improvements, bugs, etc. These types of issues can come up at any time and in my opinion creating a project for each is overkill. I find myself struggling to keep track of these types of requests, it may be against the Workfront ideology but is there a way to funnel requests into a list that doesn't have an end date? Thanks, Nick Nick Scardino Rosco Laboratories, Inc.
4 Replies

Level 10
No. A request queue is basically a specialized use of the project object. I wouldn't pay too much attention to the completion date. If you're worried about the queue showing up in reports and pinging as late, just exclude them from your reports. There's also no need to create a separate queue for each type of request--if they're at all related to each other (e.g. website improvements, website bugs, website new content), I would just as soon create one request queue (website) and put different queue topics under it for the 3 types of requests. Or if you don't get that many requests, build one giant queue project and use topic groups and queue topics to keep everything separated. -skye

Level 3
One of the things I've done here is to add a placeholder task to the project that has a duration of 260 days. I also edit the project and change "Condition Type" to "Manual" so that it stays as "on target" rather than moving to "at risk" or "in trouble". The placeholder task, because it is never started, continues to push the projected completion date out about a year. Holly Harvey Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - Publishing Services

Level 4
Outside of changing the Condition Type to "Manual" and Condition to "On Target", I also set the following fields: Completion Mode to "Manual", Summary Completion Mode to "Manual", and Update Type to "Manual Only". These settings allows me to select the Planned Start Date for which requests will be entered and the Planned Completion Date of choice which for us is the end of year. . Jilma Bell-Beecham Freedom Mortgage

Level 4
Hi Nick, I addition to the suggestions above you might want to consider a couple other possibilities. 1. Create a custom project status called Request Queue. This makes it readily apparent what this project is for. It also makes it easy to filter these projects out of reports. 2. Set your project to schedule from completion date. This will allow you to push out the project's completion date if this is important to you. Daniel Cooley Kenall