Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Reprints and copying custom form field data from one project to another

Level 7

Currently, all of our projects begin as requests and get converted into projects. Oftentimes, after a project is completed, it needs to be reprinted with either minor changes or a straight reprint either months or a year later. We have them fill out a new request, but all of the custom print information that was with the original project needs to be re-entered into the new project manually. The request doesn't have the same data as the project, so copying the original request is not an option. Is there a more efficient way of handling these types of projects? There are up to 10 fields that need to be re-entered. Types of custom form fields that would we would be re-entering information would be vendor name, paper requirements, ink, etc - things that the requestor doesn't know how to answer which is why those fields aren't in the request form. In an ideal world, I would like an option to 'import custom field data' from a project into a new project and select what you want to import.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi Leah,

For 10 fields, copy/pasting each might be the most practical approach, but if you prefer, I invite you to consider our Excel Updater solution, with which you could export the source data to Excel all at once, update the Excel file to "point" to the target Project, and then import it (via Excel Updater) to then update the target Project with that source Project's custom data.

Regards,

Doug