Expand my Community achievements bar.

Reporting on Rounds of Revision

Level 4
Hi all, Does anyone out there have a good solution for reporting on how many times a proof went back to a client for revisions? We're integrated with ProofHQ and I'm not quite sure how to solve for this. Leslie Tanner CreativeDrive
4 Replies

Level 10
we were unable to solve for this. It ended up being a custom field on a custom form that you have to fill in manually to indicate how many proofs there were. If you were using file versioning and if you had standardized file-naming, you could alternatively run a document report (e.g. all files with "draft" in the filename) and list the version numbers to look at the proof count that way. -skye

Level 4
Hey Leslie, Same as what Skye said. The best solution we were able to find was to create a custom field on each project and the designers have to manually track the rounds of revisions. Below is another thread on the same issue. There's other suggestions there as well. https://community.workfront.com/discussions/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=a1914e... Denver Lemont Cardinal Health

Level 3
Our company does not use ProofHQ. However, we have solved for the rounds of revisions issue by an audit text report. This will only work if your instance is set up with keywords in the tasks and you have a pretty solid framework for your templates. We count the number of instances the words "rejected" shows up in the audit text. I then take that report and run it through excel as we have hundreds of projects that come through our studio a month. Here are screenshots of the report filters: And the summary report would look like this: You'd have to add one to each of these as the final approved version wouldn't be captured so the posters was rejected once, so the version would be r2. Hope that helps! Jeannie Hart Cambia Health Solutions, Inc

Level 2
just a thought - you can totally use WF Fusion to solve this in a very tailored/elegant way. To get folks wheels turning who have not purchased fusion I thought I would upload the current event triggers you can work with for proofs and vanilla WF: Michael Stewart PMP Samaritan's Purse