Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Reporting Canvas Beta - Quirks?

Level 5

Our instance got access to the Reporting Canvas beta last week and I was curious if anyone else was running into some of the same growing pains:

1. Portfolio level filters & groupings breaking the report so it will show "no available data"
  2. Reporting Canvas doesn't seem to have fully synced with our data. Most of our old projects (2016-2018) seem to show up, but anything since then seems to have partially loaded.
  3. Style checkbox for Show an Icon, appears empty for us.
  4. Stacked columns. I can't seem to get this to work. At best I can =concat a column, but that's not quite what I'm looking for. It also seems like I can't edit one of these =Concat-ed fields once i've made them. 

Overall, I'm happy with the visual updates and seeing the data flow in live while making a report is very handy. I haven't had a lot of time yet to see what I can do with the reports/graphs though. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

I was actually on a call with Workfont yesterday regarding the reporting canvass and I can definitely speak to items 2 and 4 in your list. For item 2, I'm having the same issue and they saw what was happening and are investigating why the issue is occurring. However, you should definitely report it via the feedback button if you haven't already.

Regarding Item 4, they do know about this. There are definitely issues with the custom fields not working properly and there is no option to edit or delete fields that you've created as at this time.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

I was actually on a call with Workfont yesterday regarding the reporting canvass and I can definitely speak to items 2 and 4 in your list. For item 2, I'm having the same issue and they saw what was happening and are investigating why the issue is occurring. However, you should definitely report it via the feedback button if you haven't already.

Regarding Item 4, they do know about this. There are definitely issues with the custom fields not working properly and there is no option to edit or delete fields that you've created as at this time.

Employee

I am glad that you have had a chance to play around with it and thanks for sharing your experiences and feedback. Just a couple comments:

1. Right now when you skip a level of what is in your filter vs what is in your table it does break and show no available data. For now you just include portfolio in the table and that should address it, but we do have engineering looking into it.
  2. Tami is correct that we did initially copy over the data from your instance, but we have seen a few reports of incomplete data sets and we are looking into it.
  3. I believe you are referring to the conditional formatting section and that is correct we haven't finished the support for using icons instead of colors, but we will!
  4. This will be accomplishable through field builder and as you pointed out, you can almost get there using the CONCAT function, but it is not ideal. I would love to show you the full flow, including editing formula fields, if you have some time.