Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Report Prompts - user-selected date range

Level 1

I'm trying to customize a report where the person pulling the report can select a date range of their choosing. I have been advised to add a prompt to the report build but don't know how to format that to offer a start and end to the report date range. The filters only allow for wildcards "$$TODAY" and "$$NOW" and adding or subtracting from that starting point. But I want this date range to be more open and customizable. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Dear Adrian,

Please follow these steps, if you want to add promts to your report  which looks like this:

Screenshot (77).png

 While editing the report, go to report settings, click "Report Promts".

gunaymusayeva_0-1677072437919.png

Select the date field you want (in my case it is Entry Date) and click Done. Save and close the report to see the promt  

if you want, you can let the Promt be shown in dashboard, too.

I hope it helps you.

Regards,

Gunay Musayeva

Workfront Consultant at Tisson & Company

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Dear Adrian,

Please follow these steps, if you want to add promts to your report  which looks like this:

Screenshot (77).png

 While editing the report, go to report settings, click "Report Promts".

gunaymusayeva_0-1677072437919.png

Select the date field you want (in my case it is Entry Date) and click Done. Save and close the report to see the promt  

if you want, you can let the Promt be shown in dashboard, too.

I hope it helps you.

Regards,

Gunay Musayeva

Workfront Consultant at Tisson & Company

Level 1

This works to allow for a selected date range although I'm getting all sorts of duplicate rows, I think, because the 'issues' and 'tasks' change status on our Kanban board. If my deductive reasoning is right, I can't find a way to remove duplicates or export the same report as I'm generating in Workfront to my email address. I end up receiving a report full of 1,000's of rows of data and there should only be a few dozen. It's almost as if it's sending a report for all-time with every user that's ever been on the team. 

Level 10

I think what you may be looking for is this:

Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 1.15.23 pm.jpg

Follow the advice of gunaymusayeva below to add a prompt to your report.

TIP: if this solved your problem, I invite you to consider marking it as a Correct Answer to help others who might also find it of use.

Level 1

This answer, in combination with gunaymusayeva's answer, is correct. But the exported report is all wrong.