Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Report Logic Support Needed

Level 2
Hello Workfront Community, I need your assistance on building out a report. I have a client who wants to have a report only show tasks that are due for that month and any outstanding tasks (past due) on a report. I need your assistance on what filter logic to use. Thanks, Casey Larsen AmeriCredit Financial Services, Inc. dba GM Financial
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 7
Hi Casey, You can use a task report with a couple filters set up. The first one I recommend is Project Status, Equals, Current. This way you only get a list of current work, not work that's planned or on projects that are no longer active. Next I recommend using Planned Completion Date - Between - $$TODAYbm | $$TODAYem. This way you can see any tasks with a planned completion date from the beginning of this month to the end of this month. (The "bm" means "beginning - month", the "em" means "end - month".) Finally, I recommend using Task Percent Complete - Less Than - 100. This way you only get tasks that aren't set to 100% complete, regardless of the status the task is in. One additional filter or even prompt you could consider, depending on who needs to see the info on the report, is Assignment Users - Name. This will let you specify tasks that are assigned to specific people in the system. I'd avoid using Assigned To, as that filter is looking for the owner of the task, whereas Assignment Users looks at all the assignments, not just the owner. Good luck! Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 10
Just one thing to point out with Dustin's suggestions...assuming you enter these with the default 'AND' condition this will only show incomplete tasks due in the current month. If you wanted to see all tasks due in the current month, plus all tasks incomplete and overdue from prior months, then you would need to use an OR condition. Please see the below example. Dustin's recommendation of the project status is a good one...you will probably want to add that in but it depends on your requirements. When using an OR condition, you will need to add any additional filter rules such as Project Status into both sections (above and below the OR). Cheers. David Cornwell