Expand my Community achievements bar.

Report - active projects by calendar month

Level 2
hi everyone, can anyone please provide some guidance to how a report can be created to show all active projects categorized by calendar month or quarters? thanks in advance. Clement Woo Canon Australia
3 Replies

Level 1
Im interested in this too Andrea Hernandez Amadeus

Level 4
Hi Clement, To make a report that shows active projects by month, first start by building a project report. From there, group it by "project > status", then filter it by "project > actual completion date between $$Todaybm and $$Todayem" (using the wildcards)". Then filter it again by project > status is equal to "current, planning" or whatever you classify as an active project. This is how I run this report and keep in mind, it's only showing this month, so it's not comparing other months. For the first filter, instead of using the wildcards, you could also use a report prompt if you wanted to and then sort by this month or next month. I hope you find this helpful. Shannon Bodick Edina Realty Home Services Plus

Level 4
I took a basic project report looking at project name, condition, project type, percent complete and SDLC phase (a field in our custom form). I ran the report and went to the Gantt button. Next, with the Gantt view on I went to the gear button (visible in Gantt view) and selected the options I wanted like percent complete, and milestone diamonds on. In the Gantt function, this is the "All Projects" view in the sample screen shot. Then I went to the printer icon next to the gear in the Gantt view and selected it to print in landscape, and export to PDF, choosing "what I see" rather then multiple pages. below is a clip of the report that I created in PDF. Chris Mueller HLUS: Holdings