Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Removing someone from a Scheduling group

Level 3
Hello, I am trying to figure out how to remove a worker from a certain group that I can't seem to find the source of (the group that is). This person is getting notifications on many projects that he is not assigned to, nor is he shared on, nor does he have inherited permissions on. I find him in the Staffing > Scheduling area, then I remove him from there. However how can I remove him so that he is not part of that group? He is not part of any teams I have setup (web, social media, etc) and he hasn't been tasked to anything in many months. He could turn his notifications off but then once he is assigned to something I don't want him to miss anything. Any information will be helpful. Thank you, Mike Mike Marando Excelsior College
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 7
Some suggestions… Do you add Projects from Templates? If yes, perhaps the person was somehow added to the Template itself and that is why they are receiving the notifications. I had that happen a couple of times, where a person was receiving notifications on Projects that they would not have anything to do with, so I checked the Template itself, and for some reason, they were listed under the More >> People tab. So, anytime anyone used the Template to add a Project that person was getting notifications. (I had also double-checked that the person was not assigned to any of the tasks on the Template itself, so there wasn't a reason why they would be listed under the More >> People tab.) Secondly, on a Template, check under Template Actions >> Project Sharing to see if the person is listed there. If they are and should not be, then you would want to remove them from there. Hope this helps… Terry Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 3
Thank you Terry! I think that was it. There were several team members in the "people" area that may or may not have anything to do with the template. I took them off and left the folks that would be assigned to those projects. Then in the "project sharing" I found more, so I took off the appropriate folks. Not sure how that all started but at least I know now how to do it. I think that will resolve it! Thanks again, Mike Mike Marando Excelsior College

Level 3
We've has this issue before as well - I think the source is when you convert an existing project into a template, as anyone who is on the original project is carried over to the people section of the template. Always worth double checking before you finalise the template! Stephanie Mulrooney Tomorrow People