Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Removing "Requested" Status

Level 10
I'd like to remove the Requested status so that the only way to request a project is through the Business Case submission button. When I go to hide Requested, I get the following message: " As you hide this status, you should choose default status for it" with choices of Planning, Current, Complete. Does anyone know what actually happens based on which of those I pick?
2 Replies

Level 7
I'm not 100% sure, but if you look at the Project Status page, in the right corner you'll see 2 drop-downs. One says Set Default Status. When you click on that, you'll see that those 3 statuses (current, planning, and complete) are system statuses that cannot be hidden. You'll also see for the others it says, "The default status is used when the system has to change the status automatically. For example when all tasks of a project are complete the system will automatically change the status of the project to status that is the default for the "complete" status type." So my guess is that they make you pick something just in case there's a process that will change the status to the one you're hiding. I'm sure this doesn't answer your question completely, but maybe it will help.

Level 5
Any projects currently in the requested status will be set to the status you choose. If no projects are in that status nothing happens. On Sat, Mar 25, 2017, 9:02 PM Marc Moroz < globalforum@communitylists.workfront.com> wrote: > I'd like to remove the Requested status so that the only way to request a > project is through the Business Case submission button. When I go to hide > Requested, I get the following message: > > "As you hide this status, you should choose default status for it" with > choices of Planning, Current, Complete. > > Does anyone know what actually happens based on which of those I pick? > > -----End Original Message----- >