Expand my Community achievements bar.

Related to the overnight update 2018.1: Emoji format/color issues

Level 3
So far things seem to be working well for us, post-update, but one odd thing: Some users see black and white emojis, some see color. Clearing cache and cookies doesn't help, and it is not browser-dependent. It's an odd little quirk that isn't affecting workflow, but falls into the "things that make you go hmmmm" category. Anyone else found this, and if so, have you found a fix? Michelle Yard Manager, Marketing Traffic and Project Management Insperity
7 Replies

Level 10
I think only Windows 8/Windows 10 users see colour emojis. Windows 7 doesn't have them. I'm guessing Workfront is using system native ones rather their own ones? Jamie Hill JLL

Level 10
I think you're right Jamie. They mentioned in one of the webinars the emojis were browser specific indicating they're not using their own. I'll be able to test the Windows 7 vs Windows 10 tomorrow when our deployment hits. We're currently deploying Windows 10 throughout the company so I have a nice mixed bag of users to verify. Vic Alejandro, PMP, CSM | Senior IT Project Manager Denver Water | t: 303-628-7262 | c: 303-319-6473 Http://www.denverwater.org Sent via mobile phone

Level 10
Yeah, we've got the same issue. We can see only black and white emojis... Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD

Level 4
Hi - We are seeing color emojis in FireFox and black and white emojis in Chrome. Michelle McAnelly Thomson Reuters - Corporate

Level 10
We use IE and Chrome and either of them shows just black and white emojis... Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD

Level 10
Interesting. I'm seeing another variation: Chrome – Color IE – B&W Firefox – Color Edge – Color So only IE is showing B&W for me. Unless perhaps they're in the middle of making changes to them. And I'm using Windows 10 if that matters. Vic Alejandro, PMP, CSM | IT | Sr. IT Project Manager Denver Water | t: (303-628-7262) | c: (303-319-6473) "http://www.denverwater.org/"> http://www.denverwater.org INTEGRITY | VISION | PASSION | EXCELLENCE | RESPECT

Level 2
Jamie and Vic are correct. Currently emoji's are system native. Window's 7 is unsupported at this time with native emoji's. Window's 8 and 10 should show color emoji's if using Chrome or Firefox. IE does not support native color emoji's so they show black and white. Chandler Smoot Workfront