Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

R19.1 bugs list

Level 10
I have caught up with the trending issues list at "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/sections/204014708" title="https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/sections/204014708">https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/sections/204014708 and was wondering if anyone has any additional bugs they noticed for 19.1 release? On our side, we noticed two additional bugs: - collaborating users, on Macs, in Proofs, are no longer able to see each other's proof comments appearing in real time. - when inline editing on a task list and trying to add task assignments, you are no longer able to hit the enter key to select a user's name. Instead you must mouseclick on them to select their name. As well, customized task views are showing compressed task name column widths (not a huge surprise as this happened when the Project list enhancements debuted last year). One of our users complained her widths were not sticky ... so resizing the column widths were not working for a few minutes there. Does anyone know how this works (is it tied to browser caches)? We were unable to replicate this so we didn't report it. -skye
46 Replies

Level 3
Not a problem, I've logged an additional ticket under ref # 1187466 , with reference to Brandon's ticket above. Justin Enzor Insperity

Level 2
This has been happening to me too! Frustrating because it looks like there are more tasks but I can't get to them. Anna Deike Gustavus Adolphus College

Level 10
Two feedback items I have heard from one of our PMs: When scrolling in the Task List for the Project, the screen is jumpy and they lose track of where they are and where they were going (I've noticed that same thing). The pop-up calendars are too big. The PM felt it obscured other important information in the immediate area of the task that he was attempting to update. Admin Kelly-Wehrmann SSFCU

Level 10
I agree with both points Kelly. David Cornwell

Level 3
We have been experiencing problems with non-responsive drop-down menus when using custom views to add tasks inline. Some fields don't allow you to access the drop down menu unless you create the task with a name only, then go back and edit the task to fill in the fields. Others allow you to make a selection to a drop down that doesn't stick and generates a field "cannot be null" error if it's a required field on a corresponding custom form. I have submitted a help ticket on these - #1187605. It's quite a frustrating slow-down to what is usually a very quick way to add multiple tasks with custom data to a project. Barb Pilarski Pittsburgh Penguins

Level 10
Me three. I believe Lilit had mentioned they're working on the jumpy screen problem. Not sure of the calendar popup.

Level 7
I always liked the "feature" that custom data in task reports and in the plan view were not subject to the Mandatory flag set on the custom form. I'm bummed to hear that there is now a "cannot be null" error alert when exiting these fields inline. Steve Steven Hirsch The Estee Lauder Companies Inc

Level 8
Hoping to see this updated to consistently use the same keyboard command through out the product. Either tab or enter work, but switching between the two is odd. Karen Marck Wunderman Worldwide

Level 10
One of our users has reported an issue with custom drop-down fields in the task list. When you click on a field and the drop-down list appears, pressing a key doesn't take you to that section of the list. Instead you have to scroll and click with the mouse, which takes much longer. This is a big backwards step compared to the old task lists where you could press, for example the letter S, and it would take you to the first item in the list beginning with S. We have a lot of custom data fields and some of them have many options. I've logged this as ticket #1188381 David Cornwell

Level 2
Make it four. Our Project managers are very frustrated with the way the project list is scrolling and jumpy. I created a ticket for this. #1188391 Can we revert back to the last UI? Maggie Talierco Olympus Corporation of The Americas

Level 10
I suspect the jumpiness is related to the lazy-rendering which loads the next set of tasks as you scroll. I think the issue is that it hasn't quite loaded them fast enough and so you see some white space for a short period of time while you scroll. @Lilit Mkrtchyan is no doubt looking into this....perhaps they can increase the number of tasks it pre-loads (and caches from above in case you scroll back up) so that you don't see the white space a.k.a. 'jumpiness'. I know the whole point of lazy-rendering is to reduce the number of tasks currently loaded in the browser and therefore improve performance when expanding/collapsing/filtering/grouping etc. We apprecaite the performance improvement but perhaps we can sacrifice 10% of that in order to preload some more lines and avoid this jumpiness when scrolling. David Cornwell

Level 10
Hi David, I just read your lazy load jumpiness theory, and wanted to clarify that the jumpiness I have observed, believe others have reported, and understand Lilit and her team are now working on is caused by the "jumpspot" switch between standard and full screen mode. I've attached a short video to illustrate, and invite those who agree that "this is what I mean" to confirm here. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 10
Hi @Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore - you're right...that is very jumpy. I didn't encounter that because I use the mouse wheel to scroll rather than clicking and dragging the scroll bar. When you use the mouse wheel to scroll, it does still jump a bit at the transition to full-sreen, but I haven't found it too bad. To help explain what I was calling jumpiness (the white space when scrolling) please see my attached video. David Cornwell

Level 10
Gotcha @David Cornwell -- likewise, thanks for the video. To keep our eighty-eights straight, I suggest we call the behavior in my video "jumpy-ness", and the behavior in your video "lazy-ness". Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 4
Hey, all, Thanks for the continued feedback and discussion here. I'd like to confirm that we're changing the scrolling experience so that it's more smooth and doesn't cause jumps. My apologies for any inconveniences you're having at the moment. We're addressing it as a high urgency item and hope to release the fix in the beginning of the next week. Apart from the scrolling problem, the problem with custom dropdowns not being populated while inline creating a task has been resolved and will be released on Monday. The other issues mentioned in this thread are being worked on at the moment so they'll be fixed soon, too. Please make sure you report any other issues you notice. Thanks again for all the feedback! Lilit Lilit Mkrtchyan Workfront

Level 4
Hey, David, Yes, you're right. The white space that you see while scrolling is due to the lazy rendering. We do pre-load items, but depending on the scrolling speed you can still briefly see the white area. Can you please confirm if this happens all the time or when you scroll fast? Lilit Mkrtchyan Workfront

Level 2
Level 2
That is excellent news Lilit! I will be sure to share your notice with the team! Thank you WF team for addressing this issue. Elliot Germinaro Lowe's - Merchandising PMO

Community Advisor
I've about given up using either the mouse wheel or the scroll bar because it's so jumpy. The scroll arrows are the only way I can even get to certain tasks. It's very frustrating when I'm used to getting around so quickly. Using just the mouse wheel in the attached video I can't get to tasks 6-8 at all, and only rarely can I get to tasks 9-15.

Level 10
I am now experiencing the issue where the columns are not being applied when a new project is created from a template. I have to reset the column sizing for each new project. I don't recall having to do this before and never even thinking about the column sizes, but now they are all evenly spaced and so the Task Name and Descriptions (for me should be wider, for example) are the same as Duration (which should be narrower, for example). Jill Ackerman

Level 7
Hey @Jill Ackerman This changed with the last release, the columns used to by dynamic and adjust to what it is each column. Now they are defaulted to 100 pixels and you need to fix them using text mode in your views. Vicky Fitzgerald Telegraph Media Group Limited

Level 10
Hi There was another thread that said that the column views would "stick" once they were adjusted and they do stick EXCEPT for when I launch a new project from a template, which is kind of weird. I'm glad to change the widths in text mode if someone can tell me 1) is it "width=xxx pixels" that I'm supposed to change and 2) is there a way to tell what the width is from an existing project that is setup the way I like it so I can see how many pixels is good for each column in order to program it into the View? Thanks!